• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in New Zealand - T20/ODI series - Jan 2016

smash84

The Tiger King
Its a frightening to say, but its possible that Butt will be back in the next 12 months if the openers don't step up. Shezhad at the top is bad enough but with Azhar its an absolute farce. I don't know why they gave up on Sami Aslam so quickly.

Some on Pakpassion are calling for Umar to open, first reaction like most things on that site is to dismiss it as rubbish, but **** it a quick 30 or 40 is better than what Pakistan have currently got. It could end in farce, but something needs to be done as currently Pakistan have the worst top order in cricket.
Agreed, honestly the opening is so bad that once the openers walk out on to the field you know the game is over.

I'd be willing to try anything to get ****s like Ahmed Shahzad be kicked out for good.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
and Ahmed Shahzad at the top of the order doesn't help. He puts the brakes on the momentum right from the beginning and then gets out in the first 10 overs. He's just bloody useless and then the inevitable just follows. I never thought I would say this but Hafeez looks an island of stability compared to the crap around him. And that is saying something
I'd probably move Hafeez back to open and get Umar Akmal in for his explosive ability.

Also, why are Fawad Alam and Haris Sohail not in the reckoning?

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I would definitely try Sarfraz up the order. Despite being aggressive in test cricket he doesn't really seem to have finishing power in ODIs.

Niall

International Coach
I would definitely try Sarfraz up the order. Despite being aggressive in test cricket he doesn't really seem to have finishing power in ODIs.
Spot on, coming in towards the end for him isn't a bright idea especially outside the SC where their won't be as many spinners to hit about.

Sohail is injured and has been for a bit, sadly he may not be back for ages.

Fawad?

Its a tricky one, Pakistan are a poor limited over side, but one of the few things that is not rubbish with the side is their middle order where they have a few options, not sure Fawad would really help them their.

Shezhad?

Loved by Afridi which helps and Pakistan have very few options at the top.

Immenso

Elliott's dismissal almost a carbon copy of, IIRC, his first innings last year v SL after his recall.

Missed it by a mile, people thought Hesson and Edgar must have been smoking drugs.

Moss

Elliott's dismissal almost a carbon copy of, IIRC, his first innings last year v SL after his recall.

Missed it by a mile, people thought Hesson and Edgar must have been smoking drugs.
So too when Starc got him first ball at Eden Park.

The contrast between his good days and his not-so-good ones. Have to say, he really stepped up with the ball though.

vandem

International 12th Man
Current Met Service forecast for Napier Thurs means there should be a game (perhaps shortened):

Drizzle early and late, afternoon fine spells. Strong S.

Flem274*

123/5
On the bright side, I'd rather be a pakistani former cheat than an Australian former cheat if I were to tour nz. Just sit back and imagine a friday night odi eith that situation for a moment haha

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
On the bright side, I'd rather be a pakistani former cheat than an Australian former cheat if I were to tour nz. Just sit back and imagine a friday night odi eith that situation for a moment haha
Imagine if Haddin was still in the team! He's about as popular as Quade Cooper