• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in New Zealand 2017/18

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Judging by the radio and cricinfo a really good start by Southee and Boult - could easily have had another wicket too.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Santner drops catch in the infield last match: Check
Santner hares across the outfield to almost create a run-out this match: Check

Exactly to type.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
NZ's ODI bowling attack of Southee, Boult, Ferguson, Santner, Astle, (Munro) looks very well balanced now. Bracket Henry with Southee and Sodhi with Astle as good like-for-like replacements too. Milne perhaps an option too though underperformed lately.

It does leave the batting light from number 7 though. That was De Grandhomme's spot - do we think De Grandhomme makes it back into this side now that this bowling attack is working so well?

Athlai

Not Terrible
I'd probably take CDG back ahead of Tastle at home. 5 genuine bowlers isn't necessary IMO. Southee/Boult/Ferguson/Santner/CDG/Munro/Williamson are enough

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I do think CDG makes it back when ready, but he looked (understandably) rusty in his reappearance for Auckland the other day.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I like having two spinners though - seems to be working very well this season and last.

I also really want at least one good hitter at number 6 and/or 7 though. Options seem to be:
CDG - he's done ok though not amazing (and failed at the wrong time in that India ODI series)
Replace Latham with Phillips/Seifert who bats at 6 (Nicholls to 5, for now anyway). Both those guys bat top order for their domestic sides though, so finishing from 6 or 7 is a role change. I imagine that might not be too hard for them though - 6 or 7 in ODIs probably a bit like being a top order T20 batsman.
Chapman at 6, or maybe even 7 with him bowling five overs per innings.
Anderson or Neesham despite their past averageness