• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in New Zealand 2017/18

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Hoping Corey Anderson doesn't become a forgotten NZ cricketer. Would like to see him back
Just don't know what role he could play effectively in our limited overs sides, given how poorly he's done finishing innings against quality bowlers that don't bowl right into his hitting arc. Don't want him at 6 or 7. It's possible he could push to have that number 5 spot back though if Latham and Nicholls don't succeed there I'd probably want the circle to turn through a few others before coming back to Anderson.

Think his best format to get back in might be test cricket, though he'd need to be fit to bowl in order to challenge De Grandhomme for his spot.

Last edited:

Howsie

International Captain
Hoping Corey Anderson doesn't become a forgotten NZ cricketer. Would like to see him back
It’s quite telling watching that innings just how much he declined as a batsman, those sixes straight and over cover are something we haven’t seen from Anderson in years.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think it's a beautifully fine day pretty much everywhere else in NZ today. Infuriating.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricinfo says we'll resume in 15 minutes (as long as there's no more rain between now and then).

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Haha Pakistan are going to be fuming if we get a few more overs in to make it a match - would take what was an even contest and give NZ a massive advantage I expect.