• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I see what you mean, but I'm of the other opinion. What you call "chopping and changing" I see as flexibility.

We've seen the crims make the mistake of picking four quicks on decks likely to take a bit of turn in both the last Ashes series (The Oval & The MCG) because it'd worked on notoriously seam friendly pitches in the previous games (Headingley & The WACA). Same principle in the UAE for me; if Onions is more likely to take wickets he should get the nod. But equally at Lords in May Finn or Tremmers might be the shout.

Monty would be my call tho.
I don't mind if there's an overwhelming reason to go four quicks, or two spinners. I just don't like the shades of grey around the choice of seamer.

Monty would be great, I'd love to see him back in. But can we really do it without going five bowlers? I dunno.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I don't mind if there's an overwhelming reason to go four quicks, or two spinners. I just don't like the shades of grey around the choice of seamer.

Monty would be great, I'd love to see him back in. But can we really do it without going five bowlers? I dunno.
Trott's little mediums looked a semi-serious threat in Dubai (most economical seamer on either side), so I think Monty's an option in a four man attack.

Shorn of Bres I can't see five bowlers as a viable go.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Trott's little mediums looked a semi-serious threat in Dubai (most economical seamer on either side), so I think Monty's an option in a four man attack.

Shorn of Bres I can't see five bowlers as a viable go.
Yeah, I didn't really see much of Trott bowl. Maybe that's the way to go.

Agree with you on Bres. Bummer he's not there really.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's not as if he would have been in the side for half of that, though. Whilst at Hampshire, he simply wasn't good enough for Test level.
Not really true, his performances were good until the last couple of years when he could never string any decent amount of games together. The move did him an awful lot of good but injury free he was always a much better bowler than some of the tripe that England selected when he was out of the picture.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Kabir Ali springs to mind. Whatever happened to him anyway? And Alex Wharf...and Amjad.... I assume everyone just realised they were rubbish.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kabir plays for Hampshire but has had a rotten run with injuries both before and after he moved, played a few games last season but maybe a spent force, will have to see way he can do this year. Much better county bowler than Mahmood and Plunkett ever have been that's for sure.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Misbah chooses to bat. That's the right decision, but I was actually expecting him to bowl based on his past preference here. Also, Junaid is in.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
happy to see no Finn I am hopeful we will tackle Monty well nice to see us batting first for a change.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good toss for Pakistan to win, pleased to see Monty in the side. Hope Tremlett not too badly injured but he has to be a doubt for the Sri Lanka tour now as he is struggling for form/fitness and can you carry a bowler?

Lets hope we bat better this week, bowling was fine and I expect it to be ok again even on a flat deck.