• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan and England in the UAE 2015/16

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Awesome stuff Pakistan, deserved this series victory, looking forward to the return series.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
5 years ago when Misbah ul Haq took charge of this team, it was the lowest moment ever in the history of this team. Today he might have played his last test match, and he leaves behind this team at number 2 in world rankings.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Nasser Hussain on Skysports :wub:

Missed him the entire series. What an amazing amazing analyst and observer of the game.

Botham talks about this series in the most disparaging way possible, 'oh these conditions are so awful, who cares if we lose, don't know why we have to play here"

And Nasser talks about the series and finds all the beautiful things about this fantastic test match series just concluded.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nice we have had a calm series between the two sides for once.

Though we may get some griping coming out from the England camp now it is over. Think the biggest controversy was Wahab kicking the ball which was something of nothing.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Well it's partly because the senior players, namely Misbah and Younis, are just great people.

Was probably more disappointed at the Aus v NZ score waking up this morning tbh, hadn't expected us to get close today like some did.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
England would have won 2-1 with merely below par batting, before certain individuals go over the top with their praise of Pakistan or writing England off. It's so irritating in particular to throw it away against a team with Pakistan's recent history.

At least given the scoreline there should be no more fannying about. I hope the England team remember this for a long time to come and absolutely annihilate Pakistan when they next play in 2015 and 2016. **** gripping contests, I want innings and 500 runs victories.
:happy:

91Jmay

International Coach
Well done Pakistan, fully deserved win. England batting shocking for large parts of series, we are so many players light at the moment. Still had chances to draw series and didn't take them.

smash84

The Tiger King
Well played Pakistan. Well played England too. Unlucky not to have had at least one win under their belt

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Just belatedly adding my congratulations to Pakistan on a well- deserved series win. Given that a composite side would probably have seven from Pakistan (plus Cook, Root, Broad and Anderson of course) you can't really argue with 0-2. Misbah is great - I really like him as a player and as a captain - and he'll be sorely missed. Also kudos to the Pakistani CWers on being brilliant company during the series, as you were in 2012 actually.

I hope England don't get too carried away about the return leg next year. If the two A's are back from suspension and hooping it round corners again, it's going to be a really tough contest, especially given the state of England's batting.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Congratulations to Pakistan, the better team and worthy winners.

Been a good series though, England weren't a million miles away from winning 2-0 themselves if they'd had a bit more time in Abu Dhabi and the 5th days had gone differently in Dubai and here - all the more amazing considering how poor our spinners were. And for all the talk about flat, crap pitches, each Test has gone to the 5th day and been very nicely poised, with 2 Tests almost going down to the wire. Good advert for Test cricket.

Onwards to South Africa I guess.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, first game could've easily swung their way if not for light, the second could have been a draw if Rashid hung on a while more. This was the only comprehensive loss imo. Scoreline of 2-0 does a disservice to England's efforts.