• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

hazsa19

International Regular
Still not your home country. If England get an english type pitch in India, it doesn't mean they'd be expected to do as well as in England even though clearly they'd be expected to do better.
When does this ever happen? And it's not just about the pitch

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Wasn't exactly home conditions but I am grateful for that. If this series had been played on the flat pitches of Pakistan, the result would have been 0-0.

smash84

The Tiger King
Aus are coming over to play Pakistan in 5 ODers and 1 T20 in the summer heat of the UAE. Smali/anyone who lives there, isn't it ridiculously hot and a really bad time to be playing in summer?
yep......even during night time in July-Sep you have temperatures around 33-34 with 70% humidity and stuff. Day times are much worse of course

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I think the most frustrating thing from the batting was that James Anderson, coming in at number 10 with the score reading **** all/8, was able to show an aptitude for using his feet, getting forward or back and working the ball around and rotating the strike that the middle order seemed to just completely forget about.

hazsa19

International Regular
I think the most frustrating thing from the batting was that James Anderson, coming in at number 10 with the score reading **** all/8, was able to show an aptitude for using his feet, getting forward or back and working the ball around and rotating the strike that the middle order seemed to just completely forget about.
Personally, i'm not eloquent enough to describe how I feel about our batsmen.

Xuhaib

International Coach
every knew Morgan is crap but heads should roll on KP and Bell's performances they had a struggle would be a kind word to describe their efforts.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England would have won 2-1 with merely below par batting, before certain individuals go over the top with their praise of Pakistan or writing England off. It's so irritating in particular to throw it away against a team with Pakistan's recent history.

At least given the scoreline there should be no more fannying about. I hope the England team remember this for a long time to come and absolutely annihilate Pakistan when they next play in 2015 and 2016. **** gripping contests, I want innings and 500 runs victories.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
every knew Morgan is crap but heads should roll on KP and Bell's performances they had a struggle would be a kind word to describe their efforts.
Players can have a bad series. I wouldn't be dropping them just yet given their form between the Ashes and the India series. Morgan on the other hand has nowhere near the credit in the bank that Bell and KP have.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
England would have won 2-1 with merely below par batting, before certain individuals go over the top with their praise of Pakistan or writing England off. It's so irritating in particular to throw it away against a team with Pakistan's recent history.

At least given the scoreline there should be no more fannying about. I hope the England team remember this for a long time to come and absolutely annihilate Pakistan when they next play in 2015 and 2016. **** gripping contests, I want innings and 500 runs victories.
It says a lot for how bad our batting was that if we'd bowled Pakistan out for 0 in their first innings, we'd have snuck home by 2 wickets thanks to Prior and Jimmeh.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So they were worse than below par and you still expect people not to write England off in these conditions?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
So they were worse than below par and you still expect people not to write England off in these conditions?
As bad as England's batting was, I still think writing them off for their next 2 away series would be premature. I don't think England will come up against spin bowling of such quality against Sri Lanka or India.

Xuhaib

International Coach

WOW. No wonder you are so disliked on these boards.

Xuhaib

International Coach
As bad as England's batting was, I still think writing them off for their next 2 away series would be premature. I don't think England will come up against spin bowling of such quality against Sri Lanka or India.
yeah writing them off is premature but there is certainly a issue with spin bowling and that needs to be addressed, as good as Rehman bowled he should not be picking 19 wickets at 17's against a major test side.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Players can have a bad series. I wouldn't be dropping them just yet given their form between the Ashes and the India series. Morgan on the other hand has nowhere near the credit in the bank that Bell and KP have.
This

In 2011, Bell scored 950 runs @ 118.75 whilst KP scored 731 @ 73.10

Anyone that thinks they should be dropped is totally removed from reality