• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NZ Domestic Season

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
cric_manic said:
Kent said:
Good to hear 'Zane' in support of the CW e-mailers when I was driving home - http://www.radiosport.co.nz/ThisWeek/42145.wma (2 minutes in)

yeah zane really likes his cricket and league some times he has good points
but sometimes he talkes sh!t
His call last night was disgraceful - basically demanding that no other sports be covered live on Radio Sport. He's rude, forceful and not that intelligent.

A slightly more cerebral Steven of Dunedin - if there's such a thing.

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
Voltman said:
His call last night was disgraceful - basically demanding that no other sports be covered live on Radio Sport. He's rude, forceful and not that intelligent.

A slightly more cerebral Steven of Dunedin - if there's such a thing.
Zane is awesome

cric_manic

First Class Debutant
his call last night was good,radio sport could have had the pak vs aus test match instead they had bowls,tennis and soccer how boring but i didnt have to listen, they will lose ratings if they overlook live cricket

sportychic33

State 12th Man
zane is just a really passionate cricket fan . . although his call last night wasn't that great. He has to accept that radio sport can't just cover cricket and rugby they do need to cover other sport so that they can be acknowledge as being a sports radio station rather than radio rugby and cricket.

bryce

International Regular
sadly the much anticipated canterbury v auckland match was washed out today leaving auckland with slim playoff hopes at best, the match was also meant to help with tsunami relief funds aswell.
i've just been looking at some of the 'A' team results and noticed an alun evans scoring 66 and 141 since that name sounds quite rare i have come to the conclusion that it must be this Alun Evans representing the ND 'A' team, he also shared a huge 297 runs partnership with last years under 19 rep brad wilson who contributed 181

Kent

State 12th Man
For those e-mailing Sky wanting some cricket to fill the gap left by the aborted SL tour, I see both Australia 'A' v. West Indies games will be shown today and tomorrow.

It's p*ssing down where I live today, so a bit of credit to Sky for giving me a chance to check out some of these fringe Aussie players. Haven't seen Shaun Tait bowl yet, so should be quite good.

West Indies (from): Brian Lara (c), Chris Gayle, Wavell Hinds, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Marlon Samuels, Ryan Hinds, Dwayne Bravo, Courtney Browne, Ian Bradshaw, Mervyn Dillon, Pedro Collins, Reon King, Xavier Marshall.

Australia A (from): Brad Haddin (c), Michael Hussey, Nathan Hauritz, James Hopes, Brad Hodge, David Hussey, Brett Lee, Michael Lewis, Marcus North, Shaun Tait, Dominic Thornely, Cameron White, Damien Wright.

Kent

State 12th Man
Weather permitting, Shane Bond will make his bowling comeback today in a one-dayer for his club side.

All going well he's hoping to play a couple of OD games for Canterbury, although he accepts it may be difficult to get into their SS side at the business end of the comp.

bryce

International Regular
shaun tait was the player i most wanted to see aswell but he was a bit disappointing - he has a rather strange action for a genuine fast bowler and it looks like he has a bit of michael kasprowicz about him with his quick arm action, the state shield won't be televised until the round on the 27th of january, mind you there is a two week break after the two matches tomorrow

Kent

State 12th Man
Probably Tama Canning and Jeff Wilson ATM.

Both are talented hitters, but not really in Jacob Oram's class in terms of actually building an innings. There are some who believe Wilson could be an international-class bowler when he's finally got his body right, although he didn't really look anywhere near it the last time I saw him. I know he felt it was taking a long time to lose the muscle bulk he gained from years of rugby, and at 31 it seems like that may not happen until it's too late.

Kent

State 12th Man
bryce said:
shaun tait was the player i most wanted to see aswell but he was a bit disappointing - he has a rather strange action for a genuine fast bowler and it looks like he has a bit of michael kasprowicz about him with his quick arm action
Yeah that was interesting, wasn't it! He reminded me a bit of what my little brother used to bowl like, looking at something above the long-on boundary as he lets the ball go.

He's a real contrast to say Ian Butler, whose action IMO has a heavily-coached look to it, yet doesn't do enough with the ball to avoid good batsmen getting the line early and pelting him.

Last edited:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I reckon Tait could be fairly dangerous at times...but I also think he could be smashed around too.

If Jeff Wilson has an injury-free season, he could make the ODI side I believe.

sportychic33

State 12th Man
Bondy bowled yesterday for his club side, he bowled 10 overs for 13 runs with 1 wicket. But bowled 8 no balls as he was having difficulty with his run-up.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
sportychic33 said:
Bondy bowled yesterday for his club side, he bowled 10 overs for 13 runs with 1 wicket. But bowled 8 no balls as he was having difficulty with his run-up.
So aside from the no-balls he went for 5 off his 10 overs. Pretty impressive.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I just realised. Why isn't the NZC re-scheduling the State Shield to the grounds where the ODI's were meant to be being played? A) the grounds have probably got better drainage with all the rain around so there's more chance for a game & b) it's a perfect opportunity for domestic players to bat & bowl on international quality pitches.

Instead, we're seeing ridiculous low scoring affairs because the grounds aren't facilitated well enough.