• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NZ Domestic Season

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
southern man said:
Team of the round
Astle (45, 4 for 19)
How (55)
Cumming (57)
Nicol (52)
Hopkins (55)
Woodcock (41)
Pasupati (42no, 4 for 37)
Canning (4 for 21)
Wilson ( 3 for 39)
Aldridge (5 for 34)
McSkimming (2 for 20)
Yep agreed. Craig Cumming is playing really well this season.

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
Jan 1 Team of The Round

C Gaffaney (101)
M Papps (129)
C Cumming (73)
N Astle (88, 2/13)
C McMillan (30, 1/8)
B McCullum (43*)
J Wilson (50, 3/23)
J Franklin (46)
A Schwass ( 5/22)
J McMillan (3/34)
I Butler (3/26)

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
Dec 27 Team of the round

C Nevin (90)
T Macintosh (74)
C Gaffaney (55)
C McMillan (113*, 2/20)
J Marshall (67, 1/47)
M Hart (67)
L Woodcock (71)
G Sulzberger (66, 2/25)
M Orchard (4/47)
M Mason (4/23)
I Butler (3/42)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Interesting - so will he now become another option for the Black Caps then?

From his almost complete lack of bowling since his injury, I'd guessed it was something he wasn't going to do any more.

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
marc71178 said:
Interesting - so will he now become another option for the Black Caps then?

From his almost complete lack of bowling since his injury, I'd guessed it was something he wasn't going to do any more.
Yeah he said something like that i think but obviously the knee is feeling alright. From memory I think he did a bit of bowling in Bangladesh as well

shaka

International Regular
Vettori bowling extremely well, 0-15 off his 10 overs. He opened the innings and made 28 off 26 balls.

anzac

International Debutant
I note that Nichol was back for AUCK at #3 today and made 52...........

also good to see Gaffaney doing well along with Cumming - the most consistant opening pair in the Shield to date...........

bryce

International Regular
not too bad in the championship either, cumming is a genuine chance for the test opening spot now IMO

Kent

State 12th Man
Cumming's just a bit too slow picking up the ball for my liking. He was playing Shoaib so late at times it really concerned me.

There's no doubt he's doing a good job for Otago though. Surely they can't fall out of the top 3 from here, although I seem to remember saying that in past seasons only for them to choke like a dog. :)

Last edited:

southern man

U19 Cricketer
Cumming should never have been put in the one day team, He is a capble one day player, but nothing more than that. His ability has always been in the four day game, He averages nearly 40 in four day domestic cricket. But will never get a chance in test matches because he failed in the one day game, which is just stupid. PLayers should not be tested in the one day arena, there is just to much pressure. If they perform in the 4-day comp put them in the test team, don't stuff them around in the one day comep, where they don't have the capabilities.

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
southern man said:
Cumming should never have been put in the one day team, He is a capble one day player, but nothing more than that. His ability has always been in the four day game, He averages nearly 40 in four day domestic cricket. But will never get a chance in test matches because he failed in the one day game, which is just stupid. PLayers should not be tested in the one day arena, there is just to much pressure. If they perform in the 4-day comp put them in the test team, don't stuff them around in the one day comep, where they don't have the capabilities.
I am related to him so i have a bias view but that pretty much sums up how i feel about it

southern man

U19 Cricketer
It doesn't take a genius to work out that if player performs in 4-day cricket, he should be in line for a test spot not a not day spot where he might stryggle like Cumming does.

shaka

International Regular
He felt pressurised by his family success, e.g Chris and Lance. Still has no base for what he did.

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
I sent sky an email saying:

Just a quick query for you. With the Sri Lankan tour off is there any chance of picking up some more televised state shield matches to fill the gap?

And the reply they sent me was:

Hi,Thank you for your email.

Our coverage of the local cricket starts on the 27th January live on SKY Sport 1 from 10.50am.

We are also pleased to advise that we have secured rights to the Tsunami Appeal match between the ICC World XI vs Asian XI airing live on SKY Sport 1, Monday 10th January from 4.00pm.

shaka

International Regular
Nice to hear, we need more coverage of international matches. I dont know why Sky doesnt create a cricket channel to show SA v Eng,