• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NZ Domestic Season

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
ND missing a huge number of players for this game. THe Marshall brothers, Dav Vettori, Tuffey, Butler and Styris(moved to Auck). Be really interesting to see how everyone steps up.

For me can't wait to see how hamish Bennet goes for canterbury. Not to many years ago I was playing against him at JAB cricket in SOuth Canterbury

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Jesse Ryder 133* for Wellington off 170 odd balls, 21 fours and 2 sixes. Great start to the season for him.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Wouldn't mind betting that the Knights will get the Marshall brothers back sooner rather than later.

Natman20

International Debutant
Tim said:
Wouldn't mind betting that the Knights will get the Marshall brothers back sooner rather than later.
Its about time too. Hamish hasnt been performing well in the last two series and the match against Aus

Blaze

Banned
Tim said:
Jesse Ryder 133* for Wellington off 170 odd balls, 21 fours and 2 sixes. Great start to the season for him.

Yep.. all this with a terrible attitude according to Tamara.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Blaze said:
Yep.. all this with a terrible attitude according to Tamara.
Yeah but I never siad he wasnt a good player. There is a reason why he was suspended from CD cricket and had to make the move to wellington

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And Fleming played alright by the sound of it, 62 runs. Will be good to have him back for the third game, the first over is always worrying when he opens in ODIs but if he survives it he often goes on to get a reasonable score.

Blaze

Banned
Tamara said:
Yeah but I never siad he wasnt a good player. There is a reason why he was suspended from CD cricket and had to make the move to wellington
to be fair that was a while ago. As long as he is playing good cricket then I couldn't care less what sort of a person he is.

Lol Look at the Australian side.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
it was only a year ago. I'm sure he will grow up one day. after all he is a young guy and really who doesnt push the boundries

Sportsgirl

School Boy/Girl Captain
It will be good to see players like Michael Papps & Craig Cumming hopefully scoring some runs to put their hands up for test selection when the West Indies come here in for the tests in March.

Ming

State 12th Man
Ouch. Trott with a first class bowling record of 30 wickets from 60-odd matches, and in his first game in NZ he takes a 4-for....

shaka

International Regular
CZ Harris : 0/29 off 21 overs.
NA McLean: 2/44 off 12.2

interested to see how both go this season.

Hazza

U19 Cricketer
We had Streak and Ntini for a while didn't we? Unfortunately Ntini didn't have too much of an impact :(

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Vettori will be good value I think. He's going to bring experience to the side, his batting at FC level should be good for around #8 or #9 and his bowling is on the improve all the time.

Ming

State 12th Man
Andrew McKay's selection in the Auckland team baffles me. Auckland bowled 83 overs, and used 5 bowlers, and McKay didn't even feature and is batting at 11. It's not just this game either, happened last season too.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Watch out for Tim Lythe. excellent spin bowler and batsman. Seen McKay before, he's ok I guess..but I think he'll be replaced soon by his Howick team-mate Colin Munro, he took 7/21 last Saturday, he's a good up & coming bowler.