• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand v Australia

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
cricket player said:
The run rate is suffering new zealand have to do some thing about that,Go after symonds
Styris does exactly that and Hayden takes a great catch on the boundary....

cricket player

International Debutant
MoxPearl said:
Because we have the best pitches in new zealand ? Remember that thing called hamilton ?

But well.. in general wellington people DO turn out to sports events far more than any other city in the country (Its a fact).. remember the basin WILL be sold out.. it has a far smaller capacity .. and the pitch should be the best in new zealand

But your right.. the crowd for today is a bit crappy... i think it has to do with a few things..

- We have had SO much sport in the last few weeks.. like HEAPS
- Super 12 tickets went on sale a few days ago

Also in a more longterm sence.. if 20/20 takes off.. it will KILL ODI games...

I dont think ticket prices have much to do with it.. after all wellington is the richest city in new zealand.. and the population has like an average $10,000 more per year :P

BUT overall.. poor turnout.. but its not like anywhere else would have got more :P

Cricket is a good game But crowd makes it more interesting.It is not because of the crowd why wellington got two odis,It is because there arent too many odi between these two teams will be played so They cant just play 3 odis in the same stadium.

Blaze

Banned
cricket player said:
Cricket is a good game But crowd makes it more interesting.It is not because of the crowd why wellington got two odis,It is because there arent too many odi between these two teams will be played so They cant just play 3 odis in the same stadium.
No.. its because there was a substandard pitch in Hamilton where the match now at the basin was originally scheduled to be played

Fiery

Banned
mavric41 said:
With the standard of technology available, I've got no problem with this or Pontings being given not out. Its only because of technology that we are able to argue about them at all. Previously they would have been given not out and no discussion would have been entered into.
So are you blaming technology when in the end there was enough doubt for both decisions to be given not out and the right decisions were made?

cricket player

International Debutant
I think it is a good think and good thinking by the captain fleming good thinking.Let me tell you why because cairns being a big hitter he is suited for this kind of situation and he will take the most out of it.Now if you send some one else before cairns then new zealand will be in a big problem because if you lose wickets constently you cant efford to let the run rate suffer at the same time, a good example was new zealand vs india in the world where new zealand lost badly.

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
Fiery said:
So are you blaming technology when in the end there was enough doubt for both decisions to be given not out and the right decisions were made?
I'm not blaming technology at all. I agree that there was enough doubt for both to be given not out. Its only because of technology that we are able to get that close.