• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand v Australia

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Back to the cricket match this evening....

Styris was extremely lucky to survive a deflection back onto the stumps from Kasprowicz, really tight call.

Fiery

Banned
cricket player said:
So is youngsters in new zealand more up to rugby or cricket?
Rugby is our national game but more kids play soccer. Cricket is played in summer. (I feel like I'm being interviewed by Ali G)

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Yep, I've read his book and Cairns was a keen young sportsman, also achieved highly in rugby before cricket.

Blaze

Banned
Somerset said:
Back to the cricket match this evening....

Styris was extremely lucky to survive a deflection back onto the stumps from Kasprowicz, really tight call.
Yeah. I hate to say it but I think NZ have left themselves too much work to do in the remaining 30 overs or so but we shall wait and see

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Scallywag said:
Styris out again but 3rd umpire turns blind eye.

On the line is out.
Tight call but I feel there was just enough doubt that Styris possibly had something behind the line when the bails were removed.

cricket player

International Debutant
Scallywag said:

On the line is out.
radition is really effecting people,how can you not see a clear thing such as what happend there on the line it was.

cricket player

International Debutant
Somerset said:
Yep, I've read his book and Cairns was a keen young sportsman, also achieved highly in rugby before cricket.
He has a strong hand and rugby does help alot in cricket so you might expect alot of young buffy chuby strong young leds comming to the team in the future.

Blaze

Banned
Scallywag said:

On the line is out.
Are you actually going to contribute anything remotly constructive to this thread or just chip in every now and then to try and cover up the fact that Australia get the majourity of 50/50 calls.

Blaze

Banned
cricket player said:
He has a strong hand and rugby does help alot in cricket so you might expect alot of young buffy chuby strong young leds comming to the team in the future.

Thanks for the prophecy but i truly doubt it.

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
Tim said:
Well, the media & everybody continues to praise Wellington because they turn up to sports events, but today there is no excuse..and it begs the question why are they getting 2 ODI's?

Because we have the best pitches in new zealand ? Remember that thing called hamilton ?

But well.. in general wellington people DO turn out to sports events far more than any other city in the country (Its a fact).. remember the basin WILL be sold out.. it has a far smaller capacity .. and the pitch should be the best in new zealand

But your right.. the crowd for today is a bit crappy... i think it has to do with a few things..

- We have had SO much sport in the last few weeks.. like HEAPS
- Super 12 tickets went on sale a few days ago

Also in a more longterm sence.. if 20/20 takes off.. it will KILL ODI games...

I dont think ticket prices have much to do with it.. after all wellington is the richest city in new zealand.. and the population has like an average $10,000 more per year :P

BUT overall.. poor turnout.. but its not like anywhere else would have got more :P

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
Scallywag said:

On the line is out.
With the standard of technology available, I've got no problem with this or Pontings being given not out. Its only because of technology that we are able to argue about them at all. Previously they would have been given not out and no discussion would have been entered into.