• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand v Australia

Blaze

Banned
Fiery, after seeing Astles feeble attempt at handling the Aussie quicks do you still stand by your comments that he should open in the tests?

cricket player

International Debutant
Blaze said:
It is very strange. Maybe cricket just isn't that popular anymore in NZ. Or maybe the tickets are too expensive. It is not very good news for NZ cricket if the sporting capital of NZ starts turning out bad crowds for matches of this magnitude.

You get more people coming along to a Wellington v.s. Northland Rugby NPC match. Very dissapointing

Considering that the match is played in the middel of the week,You cant possibly say that the new zealanders isnt anymore cricket fans,Perhaps the game which is cricket is really a long game about 9 or perhaps some times 10 hourse and people these days or more focused in there studying and working rather then watching cricket,i am sure people are watching on tv :)

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Fiery said:
You only excluded todays performance to strengthen your argument. After today he has 95 at under 30. Anyone who averages under 30 with the ball and over 30 with the bat has to be classed as a true allrounder if you ask me. Close enough to both to consider him as one I reckon.
I excluded today's performance because I found the stats on Cricinfo and didn't think to update them. Styris doesn't average more then 30 with the bat anyway, in fact it's just 27 (yes, I know, it is increasing though). I don't think statistics should be a deciding factor though, particularly with Scott Styris and his changing roles in the side.

Blaze

Banned
cricket player said:
Considering that the match is played in the middel of the week,You cant possibly say that the new zealanders isnt anymore cricket fans,Perhaps the game which is cricket is really a long game about 9 or perhaps some times 10 hourse and people these days or more focused in there studying and working rather then watching cricket,i am sure people are watching on tv :)
Last time i checked it was Saturday?

Fiery

Banned
Blaze said:
Fiery, after seeing Astles feeble attempt at handling the Aussie quicks do you still stand by your comments that he should open in the tests?
Perhaps not in this form. I was just bouncing ideas around really and got shot down so dug my heels in.

cricket player

International Debutant
Blaze said:
Will can be possible can be i am not saying no but It can be possible,But he only made 20 above and still continuing dont you think it s too early to judge?

Blaze

Banned
Somerset said:
I excluded today's performance because I found the stats on Cricinfo and didn't think to update them. Styris doesn't average more then 30 with the bat anyway, in fact it's just 27 (yes, I know, it is increasing though). I don't think statistics should be a deciding factor though, particularly with Scott Styris and his changing roles in the side.
I rate his bowling more than his batting. I spose he is an allrounder, its just that he is a very average one

Blaze

Banned
cricket player said:
Will can be possible can be i am not saying no but It can be possible,But he only made 20 above and still continuing dont you think it s too early to judge?
Ummmmmmmmmmm what?

cricket player

International Debutant
Blaze said:
Last time i checked it was Saturday?
But still you just cant blame the people for that,rugby has been a touch more popular in new zealand,But i am not kiwi so let me ask you a question Does people honor cricket more then rugby or rugby more then cricket? :)

Fiery

Banned
Blaze said:
I rate his bowling more than his batting. I spose he is an allrounder, its just that he is a very average one
Harsh. I think he's a good player with plenty of bottle

Blaze

Banned
cricket player said:
But still you just cant blame the people for that,rugby has been a touch more popular in new zealand,But i am not kiwi so let me ask you a question Does people honor cricket more then rugby or rugby more then cricket? :)

Rugby is way way way way way more popular than cricket will ever be in NZ

cricket player

International Debutant
Blaze said:
Ummmmmmmmmmm what?
I mean He is only made stopped 30 bowlers in the current on going on match againts australia.Perhaps making some lucky fours,dont you think it is too early to judge a batsman or moving him up the order because he made 20 runs or above?

cricket player

International Debutant
Blaze said:
Rugby is way way way way way more popular than cricket will ever be in NZ
MMM,It is just the length that seperates both sports,Cricket being a long sport and rugby being a touch shorter,It is more out there rugby it's more out there,It is full f energy and tackling but in cricket it's more about technig and skills and concentration.

Blaze

Banned
cricket player said:
I mean He is only made stopped 30 bowlers in the current on going on match againts australia.Perhaps making some lucky fours,dont you think it is too early to judge a batsman or moving him up the order because he made 20 runs or above?

I was asking Fiery if he was still convinced that Astle has the goods to open the batting against Aus in the test series because he made a comment a few weeks back that he would like to see Astle possibly open the batting in tests as a short term solution.

Blaze

Banned
cricket player said:
MMM,It is just the length that seperates both sports,Cricket being a long sport and rugby being a touch shorter,It is more out there rugby it's more out there,It is full f energy and tackling but in cricket it's more about technig and skills and concentration.
Your an expert on rugby are you?

Whateva you say...

Fiery

Banned
cricket player said:
Where are you from cricket player?