• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in the West Indies 2014

Flem274*

123/5
dammit jerome you ruined all the crap i was going to give hendrix about the taste of his breakfast.

danny morrison pls

Woodster

International Captain
Big error from Jerome! Induced a loose drive but couldn't keep his foot behind the line, that could hurt.

I know a lot of you NZ guys don't like Danny Morrison, but I love him!

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
That was a poor shot from Latham and he knows it.

But it's critical that he doesn't go back into his shell.

Flem274*

123/5
bit harsh to call it a second let off. not his fault the umpire couldn't see it hit thigh pad.

latham is still proving very loose though. tightening up will be something he'll work on a lot as his career moves forward.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
it's not that much of a gulf, and you're setting a very high bar.

not to mention forgetting our best batsman from our last tour here...
Well if you want to look at looseness outside off stump, consider how loose Kane Williamson is. Also consider how many balls Latham has been leaving outside off stump, even with Taylor getting a bit of swing coming into him. Just because he had a couple of dismissals in his first test and spooned that one in the air doesn't mean that looseness is a major weakness of his. You have to look at the whole innings.

ANd I'm not saying that he can't get tighter - he most certainly can and he's still very young - but you're making far more of a deal of it than needs to be made. He's no Phil Hughes in that regard.

Flem274*

123/5
i've watched a fair few of his innings internationally and domestically and he enjoys a flirt more than your average. he's a young batsman - he's going to be messy somewhere.

he's not in the same league as KW.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
He really should be looking to hit Benn over the top right now. He's just blocking these deliveries. Needs to come out of his shell a bit.

Flem274*

123/5
the outfield being slow is a bit annoying. with a slow pitch a fast outfield at least encourages batsmen because they know if they get a ball away it will go for four.

no real benefit to taking risks atm because the ball will just come to a halt anyway.

Woodster

International Captain
Yes it's probably too slow to justify having anything more than a token slip in at this point. Think Ramdin could get a little funkier with his field placings on this type of pitch though, especially to the quicker bowlers, imagine McCullum would give the WI batsmen a bit more to think about if the shoe was on the other foot. Not being critical of Ramdin with this being his first Test as skipper.