• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in the West Indies 2014

Blocky

Banned
Wouldn't mind seeing Williamson just bite the bullet and move up to opener - he's basically been doing that job recently anyway.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Love watching Williamson, one of the best players in the world to watch at the crease. Hope he is now starting to make the most of his undoubted talent.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Well what can i say? we've been done by a 3rd umpire AGAIN which i guess is just the norm these days...had it twice vs Australia, had the famous Pujara incident last year and now this Latham one...but hey ho i'm sure it will all level itself out in the end right?

Anyway this performance has been quite shocking tbh...the pacers didn't do too badly at the start but clearly the pitch isn't giving them much to work with...and if it stays this way NZ's quicks will struggle too i think. As for the spinners..Benn was quality before lunch but looks harmless right now and as for Shilly!!...my goodness it's painful watching the man bowl...and this is the man the selectors constantly favor over Narine despite him being banned twice? :laugh: ...Sunny must be laughing his f##king behind off right now watching this...and so should the NZ players because we've totally killed ourselves with that decision they've decided to take.

Best hope now is to keep it below 260 today and hope we get a good start tomorrow...otherwise we'll be chasing 500 plus!!...we can do it on a track like this but the added pressure won't help us at all.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Well what can i say? we've been done by a 3rd umpire AGAIN which i guess is just the norm these days...had it twice vs Australia, had the famous Pujara incident last year and now this Latham one...but hey ho i'm sure it will all level itself out in the end right?

Anyway this performance has been quite shocking tbh...the pacers didn't do too badly at the start but clearly the pitch isn't giving them much to work with...and if it stays this way NZ's quicks will struggle too i think. As for the spinners..Benn was quality before lunch but looks harmless right now and as for Shilly!!...my goodness it's painful watching the man bowl...and this is the man the selectors constantly favor over Narine despite him being banned twice? :laugh: ...Sunny must be laughing his f##king behind off right now watching this...and so should the NZ players because we've totally killed ourselves with that decision they've decided to take.

Best hope now is to keep it below 260 today and hope we get a good start tomorrow...otherwise we'll be chasing 500 plus!!...we can do it on a track like this but the added pressure won't help us at all.
Look mate, credit where credits due, any other NZ team would be 5 down by now, I don't imagine Narine would be a massive improvement

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
He was talking up both Benn and Shillingford before the match.

As well as Roach. Roach has been the biggest disappointment really.

Blocky

Banned
Kane needs to make this a big daddy - he's never gone beyond 135 and this is the type of match situation where they can basically put the Windies out of the match if one of these two go on and make a double. If he wants to be seen as one of the worlds better batsmen, he's got to lift that average by 10 runs and start making some big big scores.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Look mate, credit where credits due, any other NZ team would be 5 down by now, I don't imagine Narine would be a massive improvement
18 of Narine's 21 test wickets have come against NZ home and away!!..you can get anymore conclusive than that and even though the track is tough his ability to go both ways would have presented different problems..Shilly is just crap right now and it's almost like we're playing with a bowler short again.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
18 of Narine's 21 test wickets have come against NZ home and away!!..you can get anymore conclusive than that and even though the track is tough his ability to go both ways would have presented different problems..Shilly is just crap right now and it's almost like we're playing with a bowler short again.
that's because Taylor has had to do the work for Roach, who's been non-threatening.