• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in the West Indies 2014

Flem274*

123/5
hard hands heroes will come and go pretty fast here.

thank god we're bowling last, in case this pitch becomes a case of putting it down the other end with a bit of revs

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
The massive difference between our slow bowlers and there's is not in wicket taking ability, it's in the fact that they don't give away any freebies. Yes, NZ have been slightly negative, but their spinners have been very tight.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
lack of hotspot and snicko might screw Latham here.

Horrible decision from the umpire really. Didn't apply benefit of the doubt at all.

Woodster

International Captain
I recognise the need for NZ to dig in against some tight bowling and a pitch that is taking a fair bit of turn, also against the new ball with a slightly negative line Roach was employing and a decent burst from Taylor, but I think these two just need to be a little more proactive, not allow Benn and Shillingford and Samuels to be able to just run up without any pressure being exerted on them. I'm not suggesting KW or Latham coming round down at them and try and smash them out of the ground, just tick try and be more positive and tick it over better than they currently are.

I appreciate that survival is the upper most thought but I do think putting pressure back onto the bowler is the best way of coping.