• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official** New Zealand in England

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Call me old-fashioned, but in order for someone to keep wicket in a test match, he has to be able to.

This is dreadfully shoddy work by Jones, and I have seen enough for a while.

a massive zebra

International Captain
Revelation said:
Does anyone know the record for the slowest century??? I think Richardson might one day break it, if not today.
Slowest Test century is 557 minutes and 496 balls by Mudassar Nasar.

Last edited:

Revelation

U19 Debutant
I found out....it's about 330 minutes that he's been at the crease.

Yay!!!....he's hit a 4, onto 90 now, his second of the match.

Loony BoB

International Captain
luckyeddie said:
Call me old-fashioned, but in order for someone to keep wicket in a test match, he has to be able to.

Just to back that up, the shot Astle just played at the end of the over was damned near an faint edge, and Jones had the ball on the ground.

EDIT: Oh! More byes, too!

a massive zebra

International Captain
luckyeddie said:

Lords is not the easiest place to keep and if Fletcher picked Read they would invariably be at an immediate disadvantage because the opponents wicket-keeper will almost certainly be able to bat.

Loony BoB

International Captain
I tell you what, it's been a bloody long time since I've felt the cricket like that. Oh good Lord. I think I'll get a drink of water. Good job Richardson, you old yak.

Loony BoB

International Captain
For all you gamblers out there, they have NZ over/under 390 at even odds of £1.83 - I'd say betting for under 390 would be an easy win. :p

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
Even though Hoggard halted England's progress?
It's not a one day game - there are 5 days and, with a New Ball, who's to say the batsmen would've raced along at 4 an over?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
okay England did some great stuff with Giles and Jones earlier on. A stupid run out later, it meant another wicket would almost assure an English victory. Now why do you want to even consider bowling with an old ball for around 20 overs on a pitch which does support spin but makes the fast bowlers ineffective?

To make the field defensive and enact the most stupid tactics I have seen in this fabulous cricket match till now.

Thats how you destroy or try to destroy a good match.

PY

International Coach
Finally Richardson is out. He may well be England's nemesis this series.

I hope this shuts his critics the hell up. Journos were rude to him the other day beyond belief. :mad: