• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official** New Zealand in England

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
badgerhair said:
I won't be watching TV. If you come round to the back of the Pavilion at lunchtime and hang around the main door looking vaguely curious, I'll try and recognise you and see what we can do about having a drink together. Unless, that is, you don't want to meet me.

Cheers,

Mike
Will try... now have a coach to catch.

Enjoy the day's play guys!

PY

International Coach
Neil's Progress Report

He's only gone and done it. :cool:

He is currently sat in the Upper Compton Stand, just under the right hand side of the Media centre.

After 6 hours of travelling, he's arrived at the cricketing Mecca. Watch out for him. He'll no doubt have a 4/6 sign and be waving it around when we bash NZ to all parts.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
PY said:
He's only gone and done it. :cool:

He is currently sat in the Upper Compton Stand, just under the right hand side of the Media centre.

After 6 hours of travelling, he's arrived at the cricketing Mecca. Watch out for him. He'll no doubt have a 4/6 sign and be waving it around when we bash NZ to all parts.

I talked with him at 3.50 am English time. How are you in touch with him? What color clothes etc is he wearing? We all want to spot ginger live on tv..

PY

International Coach
I'm in contact by mobile phone as I've known Neil for years.

I don't however know what he is wearing but I will endeavour to find out.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Nah, I'm on the phone half the time anyway. :) I know my limits and play them well.

Excellent, a wicket! One down, nine to go. So, about that swing, is it there or was Cricinfo just putting it in for the sake of commentary?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
The ball doesn't look as though it's swinging. Trescothick's dismissal was down to poor batting and a good return catch, not a good ball (no, it wasn't a bad ball either, just one to block and not to punch back down the ground)

PY

International Coach
From what I could see when I saw about 2 overs before being thrown out of the room, it was swinging a bit but according to Mr Jeremy Coney, in his opinion, it won't last longer than the ball stays shiny.

tooextracool

International Coach
anzac said:
stating the obvious - the 1st session holds the key tomorrow...........so far the ball has dominated that bat in the 1st session of Days 2 - 4 - NZL will be keep to keep this trend going, whilst ENG will be mindful not to allow this to happen...........pitch condition & bounce will also have a say...............
the key to the match is too keep things tight....its amazing how many wickets have fallen in this match because of a few economical overs. its also interesting to note that we've seen many big partnerships followed by 2-3 quick wickets in all the innings so far.

anzac said:
consequently we could see some dour batting to see the new ball attack off, b4 ENG think about the run chase...........If ENG manage to achieve this with some degree of success, then I'd expect to see Vettori asked to tie up an end while the seamers provide quick fire changes at the other in an effort to not let the batsmen settle into any rythmn...........if wickets fell I'd not expect Vettori to stay at the crease V Flintoff for anymore than an over or 2 unless he was able to start beating him with flight..........
on the contrary...if flintoff is weak against any type of bowling it is spin...its no surprise that sarwan made him his bunny in the WI. i recomment that vettori bowls to flintoff as soon as he walks out to bat and gets an extended spell against him regardless of whether he gets his for a few.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Butcher gone now, so that decision didn't prove to be too important.

Thought Vettori deserved the wicket though.

tooextracool

International Coach
looking at what martin and oram are getting out of the relatively new ball, it makes me come back to trescos decision of bowling with the old ball yesterday......doesnt look like runs are flowing off the bat now does it?