• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official** New Zealand in England

tooextracool

International Coach
i dont know if you actually watch any cricket or just look at the scoreboard.....simon jones bowled brilliantly in the first innings.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
tooextracool said:
simon jones seems to be bowling like he was in the WI....complete rubbish so far this innings
OK.

So that's Trescothick out, Jones, Giles and Hoggard.
You don't like Flintoff, Harmison or Hussain much, so they can go too.

I can't remember whether you think that Butcher and Thorpe are FTB's so I'll ignore them for now. Strauss is probably safe, Geraint Jones is nowhere near the best keeper in England so he's safe in the side.

Any advances on seven changes for TEC's team for Headingley? :p

a massive zebra

International Captain
tooextracool said:
i dont know if you actually watch any cricket or just look at the scoreboard.....simon jones bowled brilliantly in the first innings.
No, he bowled dreadfully as usual. He only got his first two wickets because Flintoff was bowling well at the other end putting the batsman under pressure so they tryed to attack the looser bowler at the other end and played one shot too many. If Flintoff had not been bowling at the other end Jones would not have got those wickets. His third wicket was an unlucky bottom edge from a short and wide pie of a delivery.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Just backing up the commentators, Richardson and McCullum are very good with their calling and running. For two people you don't expect to be in together too often, they work extremely well together.

a massive zebra

International Captain
Loony BoB said:
Just backing up the commentators, Richardson and McCullum are very good with their calling and running. For two people you don't expect to be in together too often, they work extremely well together.
Where does McCullum normally bat?

tooextracool

International Coach
luckyeddie said:
So that's Trescothick out, Jones, Giles and Hoggard.
never said jones should be out of the side, hes just bowled really badly today in contrast to his first innings performance.
hoggard seems to be ineffective on any wicket where the ball dont move about.i dont think i need to say much about giles.

luckyeddie said:
You don't like Flintoff,.
since when?since rating him as the best all rounder in the world and putting him on my current world XI side?

luckyeddie said:
Harmison.
really? i think you've mistaken me for richard.

luckyeddie said:
or Hussain
i think strauss and collingwood are younger players close to hitting their primes.

luckyeddie said:
Geraint Jones is nowhere near the best keeper in England so he's safe in the side.
hes already scored more runs than chris read has on the entire tour of the WI. considering boucher and stewart both struggled last yr in england i dont see why his keeping in this test match should be questioned.

tooextracool

International Coach
a massive zebra said:
No, he bowled dreadfully as usual. He only got his first two wickets because Flintoff was bowling well at the other end putting the batsman under pressure so they tryed to attack the looser bowler at the other end and played one shot too many. If Flintoff had not been bowling at the other end Jones would not have got those wickets. His third wicket was an unlucky bottom edge from a short and wide pie of a delivery.
you dont get 4 maiden overs in a row with one bowler bowling loosely at the other end. seems to me like you are making comments again on players you never watched play.

a massive zebra

International Captain
tooextracool said:
since when?since rating him as the best all rounder in the world and putting him on my current world XI side?
haha. Flintoff - the best allrounder in the world. 8-)

Ever heard of Kallis, Pollock, Cairns, Oram or Streak?

a massive zebra

International Captain
tooextracool said:
precisely why you would rate him as the best allrounder in the world.
But I dont rate him as the best allrounder in the world. He is not even an allrounder.

How can someone with one 50 in over 100 Test innings and a batting average similar to Darren Gough be thought of as an allrounder?

You comments are quite frankly beyond belief.

tooextracool

International Coach
a massive zebra said:
But I dont rate him as the best allrounder in the world. He is not even an allrounder.

How can someone with one 50 in over 100 Test innings and a batting average similar to Darren Gough be thought of as an allrounder?

since most of you're arguments seem completely illogical i assumed that you would rate someone like murali as the best all rounder in the world.i still havent got an answer as to who you rate as the best all rounder in the world?

Loony BoB

International Captain
a massive zebra said:

So is that one. :D You DO live in the UK, right? You've read the posts by people of the likes of Eddie and Richard and co, you should have learned the arts of sarcasm and rhetoric by now. ;)