• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official** New Zealand in England

tooextracool

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
Too many middle order players, not enough places - why can't Trescothick bat in the middle order?
i think thats the right idea....tresco clearly seems to have problems against the moving ball so why send him up front? bat him at 5 IMO after thorpe

tooextracool

International Coach
marc71178 said:
Saved himself?!

From what exactly?

He's about as likely to lose his place as I am to take it if he was dropped, and it's always been like that - an average of 40+ isn't too bad.

But Trescothick is the proven player who has a proven partnership with Vaughan (5th most runs as a partnership for England)
the fact that he cant score runs when there is a bit of seam movement perhaps?its not like the NZ bowling was exceptional yesterday either.

Kent

State 12th Man
sportychic33 said:
What's going on with Sky TV here in New Zealand? They played rugby league which has nothing to do with NZ on Sky Sports 11 when they could be having cricket on
There's a Sky Sport 3 up on channel 12 these days. Keep an eye on that if there are more clashes later in the series. Now with the rugby over, the cricket will be back on 10 for the rest of the night I presume.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Woohoo, Fox Sports replaced the cancelled Aus/Zim series with the NZ/England one. Cricket at last... :)

Loony BoB

International Captain
"Lovely shot" I hear from my television as I search for laundry in the room next door. The crowd seem to like that one, too, so I pop in for the replay and notice people with hands high in the air and '6' flags waving all over the ground. It seems this was well worth my swift return to snatch a look at the box, and...

And they switch over to the bloody horse racing. Bastards.

PY

International Coach
Loony BoB said:
My thoughts exactly.

Geraint Jones whacks a nice six then "Oh we're off to Newmarket" :mad:

No replay. They've gone to it again now and so I've had to leave TV room because I now have no other reason to postpone revision. :(

PY

International Coach
Both the keepers are struggling in this Test. Bye aplenty.

Extras aplenty as well, 40 for this innings now.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Yeah, I come back to Cricinfo whenever they switch to the racing. Tch, horse racing. That's what the bottom of the screen is for. :p

40 extras. If we didn't bowl so many no balls England would have 19 runs less.

EDIT: Haha, great minds think alike.

PY

International Coach
Am I right in saying that you have Sky Loony Bob?

If so, coverage continues on FilmFour if you have that.

I'm so glad that the Aus vs Zim series isn't going ahead; now we'll get to see some decent cricket.

I was following a scorecard until I went into the lounge room and saw it on TV and thought:
I'm a bloody fool.

Now this is good cricket.

Loony BoB

International Captain
PY said:
Am I right in saying that you have Sky Loony Bob?

If so, coverage continues on FilmFour if you have that.
Only SkySports and SkyOne. I have no idea why cricket would be on a movie channel when they have four sports channels!

PY

International Coach
It is a free channel, mate. Should get it without any problems I think.

FilmFour is subsidiary of Channel Four and is basically crap so when they have the chance to fill it with something of substance, they do it with cricket.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Good Lord, I've never seen Simon Jones before (that I recall) and for a moment there I thought Vaughan was at the crease.

EDIT: Free? Thanks, then. :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
a massive zebra said:
It is obvious to anyone who watches him regularly that he is now a much better bowler than ever before, but thats not exactly difficult and in the last 12 months he only has 30 Test wickets at an average of 37. An improvement, but nothing special at all.

And it is obvious to anyone who's watched him regularly in that 12 months that that average doesn't tell the story of how well he's bowled...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
tooextracool said:
and we're on the verge of another england collapse.....
But ironically, given all the talk about the Kiwi lower-middle order, it's England's that have done the business.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
PY said:
It is a free channel, mate. Should get it without any problems I think.

FilmFour is subsidiary of Channel Four and is basically crap so when they have the chance to fill it with something of substance, they do it with cricket.
Its not a free channel, you have to pay to see the films but when the cricket comes on you can watch it for free without paying.