• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official** New Zealand in England

Rich2001

International Captain
David will be gutted he wrote his report for CW so early :D - Nice in depth look at Day 1 and your just about spot on.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
luckyeddie said:
The biggest disappointment for me from an England perspective is Geraint Jones - shoddy keeping, I'm sorry to say.

But since when has that affected the selection of the keeper?

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rich2001 said:
A bit harsh that in his first ever innings he didn't conceed a single bye until the West Indies had gone past 700!

Yes, and in that innings he had about 3 balls to stop all told...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
nibblet said:
That inside edge was sooo obvious, how could he have not seen it, let alone not heard it. I'm mad

Yet the radio people didn't pick it up till the 2nd or 3rd replay...

a massive zebra

International Captain
Ashley Piles really must be a great guy, for Fletcher to constantly pick this guy he really must have something, perhaps he is a really funny guy to keep everyone entertained, well his inept performances are comical enough, What does this guy have? I think it's his special bond with Michael Vaughan his "very special friend". :p

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Pretty even first day. Probably a little bit in favour of NZ if they get a good start this morning. Mark Richardson believes that it's going to get harder to bat on because of the variable bounce.
As far as Richardson's dismissal was concerned...i've come to the point now where you just have to accept that these things happen & no doubt England may get a few dodgy decisions aswell.

Jake Oram may have not looked convincing with the bat at times, BUT he still allowed NZ to reach 284/5 rather than 235/5..that would have been a bad days play for NZ.

Tuffey is capable of sticking around & if Oram can knock a few runs off with Cairns, McCullum & Vettori still in the dressing room..400 & beyond looks good.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I was actually shocked that Oram came in ahead of Cairns & even McCullum. Maybe they're planning to bring in Chris Martin (shock & also horror) next? :D

spofta

Banned
I would like to see ross taylor come into the side for mcullum at the end when he leaves. Give the gloves to Papps.
Just a thought only a thought

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I said earlier yesterday that fielding might be the key in this series & it seems England have already had a few crosses go against some of their catching.

NZ will take a much higher % of catches that come their way, providing of course that Fleming is over his poor form in the slips.

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
The first session wil be the key. If nz can last the first hour without the loss of Oram then the platform will be set for them to make hopefully a big score of 350-400+ whearas if England can get Tuffy early and maybe a couple more wickets in that first session then they can take the advanage back. Should be a interesting start to day 2

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Cairns is the king-pin wicket...if he gets going with Oram then it could be a potential nightmare for England. If they can snare Oram & Cairns in quick succession then the tables could easily be turned.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bowling Harmo!!

Rises and moves away from Oram, who fends slightly away from his body and Geraint takes a smart catch.. 287-6

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Tuffey will need to stick around a bit longer now. NZ need a minimum of 400 I feel if they even want to contemplate pulling a victory off.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I wonder what Cairns is going to do...usually he gets his eye in for about 20 or 30 balls & then likes to start having a go. Even at 287/6 I don't think he'll look to defend for too long.

As I say that, he's away...just.