• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official** New Zealand in England

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
luckyeddie said:
No - but Stevo once hit me on the bonce when he played for Aston upon Trent (I think it was them) and I played for Castle Donington.

Ian Hall just SOUNDS like he's been hit on the bonce.
.."and that's four-penneth".......et al. Bless 'im.

Aston v Donno eh? Grudge match 'twixt the counties, no room for softies I'd warrant. Sorry old boy but I'd have been rouring Stevo on!
:cool:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
MoxPearl said:
also if martin plays in ths 3rd test i will be VERY disapointed.. u dont reward someone for a completly **** game by letting them play again.

2 words: Ashley Giles.

And eventually it worked (at Lords)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
PY said:
Just a single day I'm afraid. It would cost me Aus$487 for the whole five days and Aus$355 for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. :(

And they wonder why cricket isn't a more popular game with middle to lower class people. It's cheaper for England tickets in football than it is for cricket and there's no comparison between the demand of the two.

Depends where you go. Whenever I go to Old Trafford I get seats behind the arm for the Test - £25

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
luckyeddie said:
It seems in Nicholas Walker (the country's greatest number 11) we have the most prodigious talent (I see he opened against the Jocks), so if we get to Lord's in the not-too-distant future he can 'do a Corky' any time he likes.
That is certainly one of the stories of the season - good spot by the coach!

Pity he's not playing Durham today, could've had a go for the fastest century of the season!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pedro Delgado said:
.."and that's four-penneth".......et al. Bless 'im.

Aston v Donno eh? Grudge match 'twixt the counties, no room for softies I'd warrant. Sorry old boy but I'd have been rouring Stevo on!
:cool:
I can just about handle the cricket commentary, but when he did the Rams games - oh dear. I'm surprised Graham Richards didn't just slit him up a treat (I'm sure he could arrange for one of his buddies to be the trial judge).

I walked past Aston's cricket ground a couple of weeks ago - need to walk miles to keep my knee mobile so I parked my car up at the pub in Weston, walked all the way down the canal towpath to Shardlow then back along the road to the pub (where two excellent pints were disposed of with little ceremony). Some of the players I knew, it'd be their children, grandchildren or both who would be playing now (mind you, they always were a bit like that in Aston. 2500 people, 3 surnames. Like the flipping Swifts in Hathern).

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
chris.hinton said:
Luckyeddie my reasoning is for cricket reasons:)
Cricket reasons?

Solanki = waste of space, he's an opener (allegedly) and we already have Vaughan and Trescothick to do that role.

The only reason Vaughan batted at 3 last summer was that it was just the same as opening with that Donkey going in ahead of him.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Cricket reasons?

Solanki = waste of space, he's an opener (allegedly) and we already have Vaughan and Trescothick to do that role.

The only reason Vaughan batted at 3 last summer was that it was just the same as opening with that Donkey going in ahead of him.
I preferred the 'truffles' explanation

<quack> I told him that

Sorry. The gag fell off

Loony BoB

International Captain
According to news reports, McMillan and Sinclair are fighting for the position supplied by Papps' absence and Franklin will replace Vettori who is unlikely to play - but there's no mention of replacing Martin or Tuffey. Go figure.

Loony BoB

International Captain
There has not been enough time to fly a replacement all the way over from New Zealand, and on Monday, Stephen Fleming hinted that they may resort to blooding some youngsters as an emergency measure.

Another, less probable solution, would be a last hurrah for that most combative of souls, New Zealand's coach John Bracewell. He is only 46, after all, and his inclusion as a spinning option would bolster the batting as well – he scored his one and only Test century at Trent Bridge back in 1986.
Nice to see even Cricinfo is using their sense of humour. :D

tooextracool

International Coach
well the only real selection dilemma for england before the 3rd test is deciding between saggers and anderson......although i feel that neither of them are good enough to play for england on a consistent basis i would pick anderson ahead of saggers.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
With the series as good as over, do you think NZ should take a risk and play Butler? He can't do far worse than the current NZ attack, can he?

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
"Uncapped seamer Kyle Mills could also come into contention with Daryl Tuffey below his best in the two Tests so far."

3-0 it is, then.

I'd go with Anderson over Sagggers - don't think Saggers ever will be Test Class. Anderson isn't either at present, but at least he has the potential to be. Well done England for not playing Jones through the injury and making sure he's fit for the West Indies.

Loony BoB

International Captain
I'm desperately trying to figure out why in the world they would play Tuffey ahead of Martin when Martin is in better fo- ...er, hmm. Let's think this over: Tuffey is in worse form than Martin is!

PY

International Coach
No-one but Fred Trueman could trouble Boycott's mum and that was only because he used to bowl above the sightscreen. :p

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Neil Pickup said:
Let's face it, neither would pose Geoffrey Boycott's moom any trouble.. ;)
Shame the Tuffey v Stevo poll can't be resurrected and re-done; there might be a little more "objective" voting now, and sense would prevail..
:)

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
mills....

sometimes he bowls amazing.. and sometimes he bowls absolute RUBBISH

hes not THAT bad and he certanly can not be as bad as the current bowlers

no doubt thats the one thing we are missing at the moment in nz (fast bowlers) .. without bond and with stupid selectors... i dunno...|

My pick for the team would be

1 Mark Richardson,
2 Stephen Fleming (capt)
3 Nathan Astle
4 Mathew Sinclair
5 Scott Styris
6 Chris Cairns
7 Jacob Oram
8 Brendon McCullum
9 Andre Adams
10 Kyle Mills
11 James Franklin

BUT.. if the pitch is going to be dangerous again then i would rest prolly about 6 of those people...