• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
The pitch in 2006 (as well as 2004) turned all game, really. The pitch turning and the ball swinging are two different things, though. Completely different.
Well yes, that was my point (resists temptation to insert rolleyes)

:)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No real swing for Mills in his opening over, though some movement off the seam. And having just seen a replay of his seam-position, not surprising there was no swing. Really odd, sure I remember Mills having one of the best seam-positions I'd seen last season.

Both openers getting an early boundary.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
I just noticed Southee wasnt picked for this Test. I thought it was so obvious he was gonna play i didnt bother checking. I really cant believe they didnt play him, its a must win game after all.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I just noticed Southee wasnt picked for this Test. I thought it was so obvious he was gonna play i didnt bother checking. I really cant believe they didnt play him, its a must win game after all.
O'Brien having done well enough last game to keep his spot, really, simple as.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nah, Strauss has looked pretty good so far (cue him getting out) and Cook has looked neither good nor poor, really.

And finally Mills gets a ball to swing.

Leslie1

U19 Captain
I don't think NZ have the bowlers than can consistently bowl sides out twice.

Mills and Martin have the mantle of being our main 'strike bowlers', but they hardly get the crucial wickets when we need them to. I thought our bowlers would have done well this tour, but really, NZ's bowling hasn't been any better than the batting.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
O'Brien having done well enough last game to keep his spot, really, simple as.
Theres other bowlers bar O'Brien. Southee is clearly better than what NZ have. Who do you think England would much rather face? They must be over the moon.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Theres other bowlers bar O'Brien. Southee is clearly better than what NZ have. Who do you think England would much rather face? They must be over the moon.
If they'd never seen O'Brien before and presumed he'd bowl like he did at Old Trafford... I'd guess they'd rather face O'Brien than Southee right now.

Poor as Mills has been and unfortuate as Martin has been so far this tour, I don't see any case for either being replaced currently. Southee will simply have to wait his turn.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
WoWee, what a ball to get first-up.

That's very smart from Mills, now he's starting to get it to swing he's going wide on the crease. Good bowling.

Disappointing that Cook played at that ball TBH.