• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

pasag

RTDAS
Mills looking really good.

Holding really grinding my gears, can't stand him. Complains about everything. Jimmy Adams is so much better.

Isolator

State 12th Man
I'd ask you not to do that after you wished Flynn to get his head knocked off before the second test. :dry:

McCullum at 3 is odd. Fulton in form > McCullum surely, discounting that 2004 Lords test obviously. And apparently he was/is back in form no?

I'm fine with O'Brien, he had a great test last time.

Take us home Taylor pleeeaaseeee
Hah, yeah, that was hilarious. Wonder why it never works with Hayden. O'Brien did look good last time, probably deserves another go. Southee had to be in, though, in place of Mills I suppose. They will rue this.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He could have left it.
Sure, as could a lot of the batsmen who fell caught at slip to McGrath.

(Not saying Mills is anywhere near as good as McGrath, just arguing that a good ball leads to uncertain shots such as that one)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member

(Not saying Mills is anywhere near as good as McGrath, just arguing that a good ball leads to uncertain shots such as that one)
I'd expect someone as good as Cook to manage to leave those sorts of balls TBH. He usually does.

Wicket-maiden from Mills, best he's bowled on tour in that single over.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
WoWee, what a ball to get first-up.

That's very smart from Mills, now he's starting to get it to swing he's going wide on the crease. Good bowling.

Disappointing that Cook played at that ball TBH.
They've been doing that all morning - seems they haven't learnt from last year at all.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Anderson will do well bowling on this deck. I pray the wicket flattens out when it's our turn to bat.
That last over had nothing to do with the deck and everything to do with the ball.

Finally Martin around-the-wicket.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain

Your having a laugh. McGrath builds pressure, thus the batsman becomes unsure whether to play or leave.

There was no pressure from Mills leading up that delivery. The batsman was playing well away from his pads. Should have left it.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Mills looking really good.

Holding really grinding my gears, can't stand him. Complains about everything. Jimmy Adams is so much better.
Haha, yeah.
And for a West Indian he acts so loyal to England. He like Mark Nicholas and Australia.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Interesting. Not particularly a fan of Jimmy, though he's far better than some recent com-box additions. But Mikey has always been one of my favourites TBH, along with Ian Bishop and Tony Cozier the best of the WI lot.

What's it that you don't like about him?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, yeah.
And for a West Indian he acts so loyal to England. He like Mark Nicholas and Australia.
Commentates pretty much exclusively on England rather than West Indies these days. At least MCJ is still a son of both countries.

Fabulous stroke from Strauss, his transformation in the last few games has been impossible.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Interesting. Not particularly a fan of Jimmy, though he's far better than some recent com-box additions. But Mikey has always been one of my favourites TBH, along with Ian Bishop and Tony Cozier the best of the WI lot.
Can't stand Tony Cozier most times. He makes a fair few mistakes in the commentary box, though nothing earth-shattering, just small things to bug the pedant in me.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Can't stand Tony Cozier most times. He makes a fair few mistakes in the commentary box, though nothing earth-shattering, just small things to bug the pedant in me.
Well, you know me - as far as West Indian cricket is concerned, there's Liam Camps, then there's Tony Cozier. Cozier is the voice of West Indian cricket and I just can't imagine it without him, a la Benaud and Australia.

Vaughan off-the-mark in typical style.

pasag

RTDAS
Cozier's much improved I think from the latest series. Not sure why though.

Holding's basically a grumpy old man that bitches and moans too much. Hard to enjoy the cricket as much while he's commentating these days.

Beautiful shot from Vaughan.