• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Isolator

State 12th Man
If Southee wants his spot back he's going to have to earn it and wait for O'Brien to put some rubbish together.
Rubbish? Coming right up. Idiots. Absolute idiots. Keep filling your team with toothless losers, morons. *************** this is ridiculous. And I've never seen Hopkins but I'll bet he'll be more effective than Marshall, Redmond and Flynn put together.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
ffs

If Hopkins comes into the side, then surely its for Flynn?
This Flynn obsession is pissing me off.

And no Southee? :unsure:

ffs, the side should've looked like this.

How
Redmond
Fulton
Taylor
McCullum
Oram
Vettori
Hopkins
Southee
Mills/O'Brien
Martin

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
While Fulton's obviously a better batsman than Flynn currently, does Flynn not have a fairly irrefutable case for selection currently?

So far the only time he's been out in Test cricket is via a deflection off the thigh-pad.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
they were talking about a patch to rough it up. Anyway, using anything else to change the ball's condition shouldnt be allowed, imo.
Well obviously, but the present clothing is to shine the ball, from what I gather. The rough patch was scrapped. I can't see how a shining tool can be equated to gravel or sand.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Funny ground, Trent Bridge. We all know it's likely to swing, but 2 years ago Murali cleaned up in the 4th innings, so batting first may not be the worst thing ever. Mind you, if we bat as feebly as we did in the first innings against india last year, then we'll be in dire straits.

Apparently Anderson's turned his ankle in the pre-match football warmup. Again, IIRC.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Funny ground, Trent Bridge. We all know it's likely to swing, but 2 years ago Murali cleaned up in the 4th innings, so batting first may not be the worst thing ever. Mind you, if we bat as feebly as we did in the first innings against india last year, then we'll be in dire straits.
The pitch in 2006 (as well as 2004) turned all game, really. The pitch turning and the ball swinging are two different things, though. Completely different.
Apparently Anderson's turned his ankle in the pre-match football warmup. Again, IIRC.
Yep, definately done that before. At least twice, IIRR.

Halfpast_Yellow

U19 Vice-Captain
Flynn is a moron and should be shot.
I'd ask you not to do that after you wished Flynn to get his head knocked off before the second test. :dry:

McCullum at 3 is odd. Fulton in form > McCullum surely, discounting that 2004 Lords test obviously. And apparently he was/is back in form no?

I'm fine with O'Brien, he had a great test last time.

Take us home Taylor pleeeaaseeee

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Interesting how often players do that.

You'd think they might reconsider it as a warmup option.
Absolutely ridiculous how poorly thought-out the warm-up\down routines are sometimes.

Strauss gets the match's opening run. And Cook off-the-mark in the same over.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Surprised NZ didnt bat first. They may feel the best chance they have is to bowl England out cheaply rather than risk England doing the same to them. The ball usually swings all the time here, so it does seem a weird choice.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
WoW, Strauss gets the match's opening four with a leading-edge, and not far from a catch in the gully.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ah, the ****spur Rum signs are prominent around the ground again. Excellent.

Had some entertainment when one of them partially appeared in the frame in the previous Test, just in front of the England dressing room.