• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Australia 2011

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
If they get a small lead on the first innings, they will lose their heads and get bowled out cheaply because they are ahead in the game.

If they concede a small first innings lead, then they will lose their heads and get bowled out cheaply because they are still in the game.

That is how we roll.
:laugh:

It's funny cos it's true. :(

Taylor and Ryder both owe us centuries next innings - nothing short of that will suffice.

Flem274*

123/5
I really want to see Ponting out next ball he faces.

South Africa are such ****s for letting him get to sixty.

The only positive is the double hundred Punter will score against India with his newfound form.

Woodster

International Captain
Yes seems to fighting numerous issues at the start of this session Ponting. Maybe a thunderous pull shot, a drive down the ground, or that nice drive through covers that he's just played, may go some way to settling him down.

Ruckus

International Captain
I kind of doubt it...he scored that double against Pak, looked gold, scored an 89 the very next innings in the same match, and then faded away again. If he manages to get a century here, I reckon he might have a temporary return in form but will ultimately return to his bad habits.

Ruckus

International Captain
Nah he didn't fade until he ran into Anderson/Tremlett. Made 50s for fun against India.

That was two series after...he burned against NZ and Pak. Reckon getting out so many times in the 50's against India isn't really evidence of a more permanent return to form either.

Spark

Global Moderator
That was two series after...he burned against NZ and Pak. Reckon getting out so many times in the 50's against India isn't really evidence of a more permanent return to form either.
He got a few starts before throwing it away (or running himself out) against NZ IIRC

Ruckus

International Captain
He got a few starts before throwing it away (or running himself out) against NZ IIRC
Ha yeh he was run out out twice, forgot about that. Bit of bad luck there, if you can call it that, but the bottom line is he hasn't got enough runs since his Pak heroics...and I don't think anyone honestly believes he was back to his best after that either.