• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2008/09

Athlai

Not Terrible
Jeets has been given the last over. :ph34r:

Defending 3 runs for the win, 4 for the tie, 5 for the win.

Run out!!!

Athlai

Not Terrible
In other news Central 2-20 off 4.4 chasing 149.

Northern 1-28 off 5 chasing 192.

Backing Otago to win at a canter and Canterbury to edge out the Dags.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Bond 4-0-19-4

Immense.

Stags need 14 off the last over with 1 wicket in hand.

Knights 22 runs shy after 20 overs.

Cumming 3-0-24-4 :ph34r:

Edit: Dags bowled out.

thierry henry

International Coach
Has he started bowling with flight? Last time I saw him bowl he just bowled darts.
lol, obviously not a fan from a few posts I've seen

ftr he can bowl with flight (probably prefers to tbh) as I can attest from facing him in the nets, but his FC average of 205 suggests it didn't work :laugh:

By NZ spinner standards he has done well in OD and T20 so far, and as you say, he basically just bowls darts. It's unfortunate that that's what works against NZ batsmen- not his fault.

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
lol, obviously not a fan from a few posts I've seen

ftr he can bowl with flight (probably prefers to tbh) as I can attest from facing him in the nets, but his FC average of 205 suggests it didn't work :laugh:

By NZ spinner standards he has done well in OD and T20 so far, and as you say, he basically just bowls darts. It's unfortunate that that's what works against NZ batsmen- not his fault.
Eh? I think he's a good guy and talk to him quite a lot, what posts are these?

He might bowl with flight in the nets, but I bowl useful leggies in the nets, it doesn't really mean anything. From a few people I've talked to I know for a fact that he bowls too flat to be a good 4 day spinner. I think I've even given him a bit of ribbing for it before! :laugh:

thierry henry

International Coach
Eh? I think he's a good guy and talk to him quite a lot, what posts are these?
There was another post where you objected to him being in a future NZ team, but in fairness iirc that was a test side, which is silly I'll admit.

He might bowl with flight in the nets, but I bowl useful leggies in the nets, it doesn't really mean anything. From a few people I've talked to I know for a fact that he bowls too flat to be a good 4 day spinner.
Well, it's not televised so I don't know. He definitely bowls flat in OD and T20, I agree.

I know he's had a lot of success as an attacking bowler coming through the grades, so maybe he's just not good enough to perform that role at FC level? Either not good enough, or not confident enough to flight it.

Have only ever talked him up as a limited overs bowler tbh.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Jeets bowls a brilliant over (only 5 runs) to put pressure on Auckland for the last over. Need 10 off the last over.

Ryders first ball in the final over goes for 6.

Damn. And then a 4 to win.