• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2008/09

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
He is a massive talent imo but probably a bit reckless
Yea I totally agree, played a couple of unbelievable shots over the two days. One that sticks in the mind is him charging down the wicket, being beaten by the length, then leaning back and pumping it through backward point. Wow.

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
Oh yea, Beard is completely gun. Rightfully been picked in the Emerging Players to play England A soon I think.

thierry henry

International Coach
Yea I totally agree, played a couple of unbelievable shots over the two days. One that sticks in the mind is him charging down the wicket, being beaten by the length, then leaning back and pumping it through backward point. Wow.
tbh didn't even realise you guys played twice

To reiterate what I said earlier in the thread, Dusan once scored 300 in an afternoon in an under-18s game, and made 100 out of 160 for Auckland under-19s during the national tournament. Can't believe he didn't make NZ under-19s on the back of that, and hasn't played for Auckland, but have reason to believe there is something off-field or personality based about it.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Fleming with ANOTHER duck.

Good to see Bell with the match winning knock instead of Franklin, though Franklins 28* off 20 was definitely a good part of the victory. MOTS Franklin

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
Indeed.

I see you got sfa bowling. Pretty much given that up now?
sfa?

Our 13th and 14th men for the tour were both seam bowlers because the coaches expected the seamers to get injured the most. As it turned out the two people who were injured the worst were both batsmen, thus we were forced to play 6 front line bowlers in the last two games. So I simply wasn't really needed to bowl.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
anyone watching this round of 20/20? Otago to bounce back? Who's this TT Davis for northern? Just got smashed for 18 off his first over.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
anyone watching this round of 20/20? Otago to bounce back? Who's this TT Davis for northern? Just got smashed for 18 off his first over.
Te Ahu Davis is a fast bowler, and like all New Zealand genuine quicks, he can't bowl a decent line and length to save himself.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Big Fat Jess run out today without scoring a run, though he is bowling which suggests he's near full fitness.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Otago will be a little disappointed not to make 200, that last over only went for 3 runs. 192 is still a mammoth amount to chase though.