• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2008/09

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Aaron Redmond loving the Twenty20 stuff - 100 not out off 56 balls as Otago chases down 186 with five wickets and an over to spare....

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Impressive.

Something I never thought I'd hear - "as long as Hamish Marshall is there, ND have a chance". Wow.

Flynn's playing some lovely shots though.

_Ed_

ND are now 123-4, needing 48 from 29.

Flynn is 43. Sounds ordinary, but the guy's got some sort of leg injury and can hardly walk. It's been pretty special.

_Ed_

Haha, dreadful. ND needed 7 from 3 balls, and what does the bowler do? Full toss on leg stump. Promptly slotted into the stands.

_Ed_

Yeah, super over coming up.

Bit of controversy in the match - there was a 5-ball over in ND's innings, and Canterbury ran over the allotted time but weren't penalised.

_Ed_

ND have chosen Trent Boult as their bowler.

The same Trent Boult who went for 40 from his four overs.

_Ed_

I get the feeling that six runs in that super over may not have been enough for ND.

thierry henry

International Coach
Just watching the replay now, did anyone else hear Doull accuse Andrew Ellis of chucking (also accused Johan Botha in the process)? Jeez these commentators are poor, and hyper-negative.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Do you have to pay anything to go to these matches? It'd be highly optimistic to expect play at the Basin today, but I only live 700m away.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Do you have to pay anything to go to these matches? It'd be highly optimistic to expect play at the Basin today, but I only live 700m away.
Highly optimistic? It's pissing down in Petone!!

It's usually $5 or $10, I hear.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Highly optimistic? It's pissing down in Petone!!

It's usually $5 or $10, I hear.
It stopped briefly in city centre before drizzling on. Bloody rain, come to Wellington and I have to wear a jacket for the first time in 4 months.

Nishan

U19 Cricketer
Just watching the replay now, did anyone else hear Doull accuse Andrew Ellis of chucking (also accused Johan Botha in the process)? Jeez these commentators are poor, and hyper-negative.

Yup i heard that piece of commentary, smith and richardson kept quiet. Awesome game though. I was looking forward to sky telecasting the game from Blake park in the mount today but probably be washed out there too

_Ed_

Pelting down up here in Auckland too. I'd imagine it wouldn't be too different at the Mount for the game there.

Christchurch to the rescue? What's it like down there today?