• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FaaipDeOiad said:
Can anybody work out why the commentators keep telling us that "the Australians won't be enjoying this"? They do realise it's Bangladesh playing and not Australia, right?
... because england is completely punishing bangladesh, and australia lost to them. if they were to have saved any face, the tigers needed to put up more of a fight

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
andyc said:
... because england is completely punishing bangladesh, and australia lost to them. if they were to have saved any face, the tigers needed to put up more of a fight
England smacked Bangladesh around in the game before that though. I really don't see why Australia would be particularly concerned with having Bangladesh look good against England. If anything they would be happy to see Bangadesh's strong performance on saturday was something of an anomaly so they wouldn't need to be concerned about making the NWS final.

I just really can't see Ponting and co sitting around the television in their hotel room going "oh no, what are people going to think of us now!".

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
FaaipDeOiad said:
England should get to 400 now, considering the quality of this death bowling so far. 23 off 2 overs will do it now.
13 off 4 now. I knew that the two dropped catches off Strauss would be costly, didn't think he'd get 150+ though.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
social said:
We've seen the odds on Ponting still being captain at Ashes end.

Now for a real bet - what odds on Vaughan being around at the end of the summer?
No bet - he's so nailed on.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Scaly piscine said:
I didn't claim anyone to be number 1, just it can't be Australia when you lose 4 straight games. Obviously most other teams aren't playing at the moment so you can't say who's the best at the moment because of that - but you can safely rule a team out who has lost their last 4 games.
There has to be a number 1 though - so who is it?

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
FaaipDeOiad said:
For a team, 398 by Sri Lanka against Kenya. The highest indiviual score is Saeed Anwar's 189.
194. ;)

Collingwood not out, so 391/4 in the end. I suspect it may be enough.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Disappointing last over there.
I think we can safely say England will scrape home regardless. :p

Second ever 390+ innings in ODI cricket, and Strauss becomes the third Englishman to make 150.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
hmm, what do people think Bangladesh will make? 280? 300? its a good pitch, but if they go and try and smash it they could lose quick wickets

Scaly piscine

Ah good innings break while The Simpsons is on. Someone is gonna rake in a shedload of points on the fantasy cricket off of this game but it ain't me.

andyc

Scaly piscine said:
Ah good innings break while The Simpsons is on. Someone is gonna rake in a shedload of points on the fantasy cricket off of this game but it ain't me.
trescothick and strauss for me, so i'm happy :)