• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Well we didn't get to 400, so we've given 'em a sniff! ;)

I was actually a bit gutted we didn't make it in the end. I drove like a loony to get home & it looked on with 3 overs left.

How do the Banglas play it? have a go & run the risk of being bowled out for next to nowt or play for respectability? What score do they need for a bonus?

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
BoyBrumby said:
Well we didn't get to 400, so we've given 'em a sniff! ;)

I was actually a bit gutted we didn't make it in the end. I drove like a loony to get home & it looked on with 3 overs left.

How do the Banglas play it? have a go & run the risk of being bowled out for next to nowt or play for respectability? What score do they need for a bonus?
Radio said 313 I think.

tooextracool

International Coach
Adamc said:
I have my reasons; however, I know better than to get into an endless tennis match with you, so for the sake of my sanity I will forfeit and say that I am obviously out of my mind. For Australia's sake, I hope that you're right, though.
the only reason i can think of, as to why anyone would rate jones ahead of hogg is because jones is universally considered as a 'batsman', when he so clearly isnt in ODIs(worst part is he cant keep either), while someone like hogg is considered as a bowler who can bat a bit. because geraint jones has done nothing in ODI or list A cricket to suggest that he can bat. if you think you can maintain your sanity by making a claim, and then being incapable of backing it up, then good on you.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Chris Tremlett is all class. He's pretty sharp, pushing it into the 140s a couple of times, his height is obviously a big asset, he looks very accurate indeed, and he can swing it a bit! Why Jon Lewis would be considered for a test spot ahead of this guy is beyond me.

He's got a big international career ahead of him, in my opinion.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
yeah, someone, can't remember who, was asking what pace he was because they thought he wasn't very fast, but 87-88mph is pretty decent, especially given his height.

I think Lewis is just someone (kind of like Ed Smith) who has done consistently well on the county circuit that they have to give him a chance.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Back-to-back wickets for him now. Looks like Lewis might be missing out on Thursday. Should remove the weak link from England's ODI bowling lineup.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
How did that happen?? Good grief! Wonders never cease in this wonderful game of cricket.

Never seen this chap before, looks relaxed, good line and length et al, not express but. Looks like he'd be a handful on a wicket offering. Only 23 to boot. Ashraful restores order.