• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FaaipDeOiad said:
So, the best team changes on a week-to-week basis then? So, when Bangladesh beat Australia, they became the best team in the world, right? Unless of course Somerset count, in which case as mentioned the best team in the world is probably Scotland or Leistershire... but Leistershire lost to Australia on this tour already! My, it's a confusing little world you live in, isn't it?

Fortunately for the rest of us, it takes a little bit more than one week and two games for a team that has dominatated for years to lose their claim to number one, unless of course you think India were the best test team in the world in 2001, New Zealand equal best in 2002 and so on. I mean, the NWS isn't even half finished yet and England and Australia have only played once in what was a pretty close game, don't you think your claims to the number one status are a tad premature?
I didn't claim anyone to be number 1, just it can't be Australia when you lose 4 straight games. Obviously most other teams aren't playing at the moment so you can't say who's the best at the moment because of that - but you can safely rule a team out who has lost their last 4 games.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Gloucefan said:
Hi all by the way.
Ooooarrr, hello, moi lovely. Oi loikes Brissle.

'Ow be they zoider in they pubs up thaaaaat Clifton pub crawl?

(roughly traaaaanslated, welcome to CricketWeb)

Scallywag

Banned
Scaly piscine said:
I didn't claim anyone to be number 1, just it can't be Australia when you lose 4 straight games. Obviously most other teams aren't playing at the moment so you can't say who's the best at the moment because of that - but you can safely rule a team out who has lost their last 4 games.
Do you think it would be England?

Gloucefan

U19 Vice-Captain
andyc said:
welcome to cw mate, i'm andy. the tour threads here in cc (cricket chat) are pretty good, but if you want to hang out with all the cool members, go to ot (off topic)

anyway, very interesting (from an aussie perspective at least) to see flintoff out for another low score
Hey,

Think he's trying to slog his way into form, wasted a good chance to get some runs today. Hopefully he'll hit form before the Ashes.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
Err, someone has to replace them, if they aren't the best any more. You can't just suggest because they got beaten a few times that they aren't the best without somebody actually being better. If nobody has moved ahead of them, obviously Australia are still the best, aren't they? Unless you think perhaps someone is equal with Australia, in which case one also has to wonder who is.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Scaly piscine said:
SA are no. 1.

They comfortably beat England, who beat Aus .....

you know what I mean.

Anyway, by your theory, a slow left arm donkey dropper from Wiltshire who scored 8 in his last turn at bat is now the world's best all-rounder given that Flintoff has conclusively proven his decline today. 8-)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Aftab Ahmed's had a couple of decent spells in the NWS so far. Might be a long-term 5th bowler option for Bangladesh as well as being probably their most promising batsman.

Loony BoB

International Captain
FaaipDeOiad said:
Err, someone has to replace them, if they aren't the best any more. You can't just suggest because they got beaten a few times that they aren't the best without somebody actually being better. If nobody has moved ahead of them, obviously Australia are still the best, aren't they? Unless you think perhaps someone is equal with Australia, in which case one also has to wonder who is.
NZ draw series with Aussie
NZ totally dominate England
England beat Aussie

NZ - 1.5
England - 1
Aussie - 0.5

Obviously NZ are the best ODI team in the world. ;) ;) ;)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
social said:
Anyway, by your theory, a slow left arm donkey dropper from Wiltshire who scored 8 in his last turn at bat is now the world's best all-rounder given that Flintoff has conclusively proven his decline today. 8-)
:D

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Loony BoB said:
NZ draw series with Aussie
NZ totally dominate England
England beat Aussie

NZ - 1.5
England - 1
Aussie - 0.5

Obviously NZ are the best ODI team in the world. ;) ;) ;)
You forgot the bit where New Zealand lost 5-0 to Australia though. ;)

Personally, I like the theory that the best team in the world is Scotland the most.

Scallywag

Banned
social said:
SA are no. 1.

They comfortably beat England, who beat Aus .....

you know what I mean.

It has to be NZ, they were second to Australia and now aus have lost it NZ would move into the the number one spot.

Loony BoB

International Captain
FaaipDeOiad said:

Personally, I like the theory that the best team in the world is Scotland the most.
Shhhh! :D Let's not talk about that. Hehe.

Aussie are the best team in the world. I think saying that they aren't is a bit much, really. They've not been playing well lately, but have they been fielding their strongest side in any of the ODs they've played? Symonds, Lee and all?

Scallywag

Banned
FaaipDeOiad said:

Maybe Scaly piscone means before it was Australia then daylight NZ, SA, SL etc. So now its Daylight first Aus second NZ 3rd, SA 4th ect.