• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
Well it shows why ponting loved having lehman in the team at all cost, he pretty much did the captiancy for him

Ohh and btw, when i bagged kasper earlier, I stand by that , he is a hack !!

tooextracool

International Coach
luckyeddie said:
The word is TEAM - and we've never had one before. We've had a collection of individuals all more concerned with their own performance.
i think we're over reliant on 2 players- flintoff and KP. we're more of a TEAM in test matches, where it doesnt really matter if one of our key players is injured.
and id rate the 92 and 87 world cup sides as being better than this one.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
tooextracool said:
australia may have had the worser of the conditions to bat on, the ball moved off the seam for the first 15 overs, but surely thats no excuse for losing to bangladesh.
Especially when you look at who won the toss.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
King_Ponting said:
Yeh most aussies are probably happy for bangladesh atm like i am but however if somehow australia misses the finals of the natwest series then.......................................:(

A few weeks of monsoons would be nice now!

jlo33692

U19 Debutant
Dasa said:
I don't see how guts come into it. You started with the inflammatory language and made something out of nothing. Come on, "down with DASA"? You're trying to say you weren't starting anything?
At any rate, I'm just going to leave it now. I have no idea what prompted your reaction, but just leave it.
still you go on?

the down with dasa was not at the start ir was after you come in sooking for no reason but hey good idea leave it now...SO LEAVE IT.......Please

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Slats4ever said:
If Hogg isn't a world class spinner why is he regularly being picked in the best OD side in the world?
Because Warne's retired and there's nobody else available.

So much for "strength in depth"

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
superkingdave said:
oh dear marc, if you're planning on going through all today's comments and replying, its going to take you a loooooooong time
TEC attempted it. :D

*curses self for preferring to watch the Hives instead of this...*

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
BoyBrumby said:
Actually (climbs onto soapbox) this is a case in point for everyone who thinks taking wickets in ODers isn't important. 57-0 to 64-4. No difference at all then.....? (climbs off soapbox) :D
You wouldn't be talking about the same person who doesn't rate Harmison would you?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
luckyeddie said:
I think he wants it really bad - after all, the mauling he received at the hands of the Australian press and supporters after the last Ashes series was so out of all proportion to the way he had performed (everyone remembers the debacle at the start of the tour).
To be fair, there were some Aussie commentators who did comment that he had something about him worth cultivating.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Barney Rubble said:
I can't believe how much he under-rates his own bowling - if I'd ever bowled Sachin Tendulkar through the gate, I'd bowl meself all the time! :D
I think it's more that the press over-rate it.

As he says, "the less I bowl, the better my bowling gets"