• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

tooextracool

International Coach
Sudeep said:
Looks like unlike Australia, some teams have got their act together. Michael Schumacher and Reubens Barichello leading the US Grand Prix in the early stages.

I know, :offtopic:
that is of course the only way schumacher can win a race this year.
after having the better car for god knows how many years and actually taking drivers off the circuit to win championships in the past.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
tooextracool said:
damn espn-star for making me miss pietersen's knock.
but anyways as usual our batting relied on 1 or 2 players. can someone please explain to me what solanki is doing at no 8, and what in the world geraint jones is doing in the ODI side?
Agree on Englands oneday game relying on 1 or 2 players. Especially South African Pietersen who is clearly Englands best oneday batsmen. He has already won them a handful of matches for them in only a few games and has that typical south african flair and fearlessness all too untypical of English players. Wow check out his oneday average and strike rate !!!!!!!!!!!!!

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
zinzan12 said:
Agree on Englands oneday game relying on 1 or 2 players. Especially South African Pietersen who is clearly Englands best oneday batsmen. He has already won them a handful of matches for them in only a few games and has that typical south african flair and fearlessness all too untypical of English players. Wow check out his oneday average and strike rate !!!!!!!!!!!!!
how many matches other than today has he won us then?

tooextracool

International Coach
Adamc said:
4) Hussey and Clarke did well after they lost 3-0
i thought hussey and clarke were brilliant in both games actually. im surprised that hussey isnt in the test side and im really surprised that clarke looked so very comfortable against the pace of harmison and flintoff at the crease.

twctopcat

International Regular
Anyone fancy joining the KPPAS society then?? :p Plenty of positions going. The guy is something else. Great game and the best catch i've ever seen, move over Jonty.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
twctopcat said:
Anyone fancy joining the KPPAS society then?? :p Plenty of positions going. The guy is something else. Great game and the best catch i've ever seen, move over Jonty.
I'll join - I'm a member of the official Dave Mohammed fan club, and KPP is surely more deserving of fanhood than old Dave......

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
superkingdave said:
how many matches other than today has he won us then?
Possibly a slight exageration looking back at score cards. I'll re-phase that......KP has been the best oneday batsmen for Engalnd by a country mile !!!! As I said earlier ....very Un-english in his approach actually :) NO fear !!!! I really rate him ...typify's South africa's sporting attitude !!!!

tooextracool

International Coach
Jamee999 said:
How Crucial was that Paul Collingwood catch in the end, if Hayden had made a big score we'd have lost it.

KPP man of the match BTW.
im pretty sure thats the best catch i've ever seen by an english player.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Adamc said:
Eddie, it surely can't have escaped your attention that Derbyshire are now equal world champions?
:D Nice one, Adam.

Unfortunately the challenger has to win in order to take the title

<quack> As Chairduck of the newly-formed International Cricket Federation, I recognise Derbyshire as the new World Champions on the grounds that Scotland lost more wickets.

Looks like we have a dispute - and TWO World Champions, as you suggest.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
tooextracool said:
damn espn-star for making me miss pietersen's knock.
but anyways as usual our batting relied on 1 or 2 players. can someone please explain to me what solanki is doing at no 8, and what in the world geraint jones is doing in the ODI side?
Making it interesting, TEC.

There's such a disparity between the sides that England have to commit these faux-pas just to keep Australia in the game.

Beleg

International Regular
after playing Akhtar and Lee, Harmison and Flintoff aren't much to compare with, speed wise. I would be more interested in hearing how he fared against the bounce of Harmison and Flintoff?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Beleg said:
after playing Akhtar and Lee, Harmison and Flintoff aren't much to compare with, speed wise. I would be more interested in hearing how he fared against the bounce of Harmison and Flintoff?
Yes, but two of the bowlers you mentioned are accurate :p

tooextracool

International Coach
Slow Love™ said:
Michael Holding said earlier in the game that he didn't expect the pitch to slow down substantially (as is apparently custom for Bristol), but it looks to have slowed quite a lot, and there've been a few deliveries keep very low.
i thought england did a very very good job to restrict australia to 252 on that wicket. the death bowling from every bar lewis was as good as ive ever seen. it just got a little better to bowl on in the 2nd inning, and combine that with englands poor batting and its precisely why we nearly lost.

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
twctopcat said:

I wanna join