• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sudeep said:
Looks like unlike Australia, some teams have got their act together. Michael Schumacher and Reubens Barichello leading the US Grand Prix in the early stages.
Yes, but in that the opposition have all withdrawn.

If England withdrew from the Natwest, you'd have a similar result with Australia dominating Bangladesh...

Oh my bad, got the 2 the wrong way round :D

jlo33692

U19 Debutant
tooextracool said:
not one of those match adam bachers catch of tendulkar in SA.
What about Jerka...catching Simmo in the local 3rds match here...

Simmo has wound up as only he can facing his 4th ball of his innings,on his way to his 5th consecutive century against Jerka,s mob of boffoons.
He is 24 not out...that means he has hit 4 x 6 before the 5th ball.
The shattered bowler comes in and chucks down one of his usuall pies..
Simmo swings like the old dunny door gets an edge,hit soapy in slips on the finger tip and flies of to fine leg,,,Jerka put down his can of VB (cause it was empty) sticks out one hand (i think someone was handing him another can from the boundry) and the ball sticks in the sweet spot... Most amazing catch you could wish for,,,however the cameras were not there that day so that is why i describe the catch. So simmo on his way back to pavilion shaking his head ...said f...me that was the best catch ever,,,and jerka agreed all night and still does to this day....and you have not even mentioned this feat in any of your great cathes of all time...please fix this error ......from Jerka

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
luckyeddie said:
:D Nice one, Adam.

Unfortunately the challenger has to win in order to take the title

<quack> As Chairduck of the newly-formed International Cricket Federation, I recognise Derbyshire as the new World Champions on the grounds that Scotland lost more wickets.

Looks like we have a dispute - and TWO World Champions, as you suggest.
I can sense a reunification bout is needed!

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
tooextracool said:
that is of course the only way schumacher can win a race this year.
after having the better car for god knows how many years and actually taking drivers off the circuit to win championships in the past.
Well if you tell that to blind Schumacher fans, they wont believe you.

Some guy called Sushubh (http:\\blog.sushubh.com) apparently deleted my comments when he was complaining over it all.

Whatever.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
PY said:
What post are you upto at the moment Marc? There were 800 posts to wade through so it's going to be a long night....:D
I got through - pity nothing from our friends Scallywag or Richard though. Funny that...

Barney Rubble

International Coach
marc71178 said:
Simon Jones?
I said Tremlett is more of a long-term solution - with Simon Jones being the long-term solution, as long as he's not injured. I was counting Jones out because of the current situation.

marc71178 said:
I'd rather pick good batsmen myself.
Never said they were good batsmen.......I mean bloody hell, even Harmison can play a reverse sweep, doesn't make him good. I just mean they have a knack for inventing shots as they go along, which in that situation could have been what England needed if KP got out. Turns out it was all academic anyway.

The more I see of Jones, the less I rate him - and after seeing his hundred against NZ, I was a big fan. Matt Prior is beginning to bang on that door fairly loudly now - good job for Geraint it's an Ashes summer, that's probably stopped the selectors dropping Jones on account of not wanting to throw in a debutant 'keeper in a high-pressure situation.

jlo33692

U19 Debutant
you would think the Poms had won the ashes huh...
As ponting has said...if we were preparing for the world cup we would be concerned.
When the cup comes around we will prepare as we have done to win the last 2..
We are in england to win the ashes (as usuall) and all the other stuff is a bonus...so there you go losing to banga and ENg is a bonus....wait till test time then the mouths in these pages will shut up again ...until next ashes ...wont they Marc...All the hype in the world wont stop the 4-0 drubbing that the poms are about to be handed,,,courtesy of the reining world cup holders and 20 years of the ashes...so there nuh...no sour grapes at this end..just a bit of soreness from losing,
And Marc...yes symmo is still ahh numero ono in world one day cricket and 2nd best at drinking late parties...behind ????????????

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I think that the form Australia has shown with its bowling would have to mean that Warne will have to come back to the LOI side by the time of the 2007 world cup and Watson will have to work out very well as a 5th bowler if Australia want to win in 2007.

Expecting Warne to make a sentimental comment on how he so tragically missed the world cup last time cos of his 'mum' and make a final return to one day cricket around 6 months before the world cup :D

IanBell

Cricket Spectator
I do wish Botham would belt up about Pietersen being included in the test series - you'd think he was his agent or something! Oh....

(apologies if this point has already been made).

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
jlo33692 said:
you would think the Poms had won the ashes huh...
As ponting has said...if we were preparing for the world cup we would be concerned.
When the cup comes around we will prepare as we have done to win the last 2..
We are in england to win the ashes (as usuall) and all the other stuff is a bonus...so there you go losing to banga and ENg is a bonus....wait till test time then the mouths in these pages will shut up again ...until next ashes ...wont they Marc...All the hype in the world wont stop the 4-0 drubbing that the poms are about to be handed,,,courtesy of the reining world cup holders and 20 years of the ashes...so there nuh...no sour grapes at this end..just a bit of soreness from losing,
And Marc...yes symmo is still ahh numero ono in world one day cricket and 2nd best at drinking late parties...behind ????????????
A few days ago you were INVITING the English supporters to get behind their side - and as for the sour grapes you claim not to be chewing, well SOMETHING seems to have left a nasty taste in your mouth.

The only person crowing about how one side's going to slaughter the other in the Ashes is some prat who goes by the handle of, er, oh, it's YOU.

There's a surprise. Now as for 4-0, I that's unlikely. I've been predicting 3-1 to Australia for the last year or so and don't see any reason to change my mind (that is assuming, of course, that Australia find a decent captain, a top order and another couple of bowlers from somewhere).

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Hmm, been away for a couple of days and I come back to 80 new pages in this thread. :D

A remarkable weekend without question. Australia had an awful time of it in the first game in the face of some surprisingly good play from Bangladesh (has Richard said it was a fluke yet?), and improved a fair amount against England and were on top before Pietersen's great knock.

It's going to be a big test for Ponting from here - other Australian teams have had shocking starts to Ashes campaigns before and turned it around, but I'm not sure that Ponting is quite Mark Taylor...

I must admit though, even after the last few games, I cannot quite picture England winning the Ashes... it just doesn't seem possible.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
IanBell said:
I do wish Botham would belt up about Pietersen being included in the test series - you'd think he was his agent or something! Oh....

(apologies if this point has already been made).
Great innings by KP.

Great bowling by Harmison.

Horrible commentary by Botham. He got so carried away with criticing all concerned for England's "loss" that he failed to notice that KP's swipes had put England back in a winning position.

He and Bob Willis are very, very poor.