• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Adamc said:
If England keep this scoring rate for the next 10 or 15 overs without losing more than one or two wickets, they should get home pretty comfortably. If Hogg can: a) take some wickets now; and b) keep his tongue in his mouth, I'll stop campaigning for him to be dropped, for a while at least. :p
His tongue is the source of his power.

Not much power in it, but still.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Well worth a shout off Kasper. Hoggy looking a lil too easy to attack at the moment though, I can see a big over coming unless Freddie miscues one. Mind you, it'd probably still go for six.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Vaughan playing the anchor role pretty well here, hopefully with Freddie and KP in the side that'll be the role he finds for himself in the future - he seems unsure of his role as a batsman in the ODI team, as the TMS commentators were saying earlier.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
luckyeddie said:
Not at all. I'm permanently baffled nowadays :dry:
Sorry. An oxymoron is a sentence or phrase that seems to contain an inherent contradiction - hence my description of "our German friends" as an example of this.

Just a little example of my own sharp wit there........or not. :)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
vic_orthdox said:
Well worth a shout off Kasper. Hoggy looking a lil too easy to attack at the moment though, I can see a big over coming unless Freddie miscues one. Mind you, it'd probably still go for six.
Brad's in dire danger of losing his honorary title 'GLA', given to him by DD during WC2003.

Slow Love™

International Captain
superkingdave said:
it was Vaughan tho
Whoops, I thought it was Flintoff, but you're right.

A bit surprised at how late Ponting brought Hogg on - aside from Warne (and sometimes, inexplicably, Symonds when he's having a bad day) he shows so little confidence in his slow bowlers. I can't see him bowling a lot out of the last ten either.

(Not that Hogg inspires confidence, but hell, he was picked to play.)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Barney Rubble said:
Sorry. An oxymoron is a sentence or phrase that seems to contain an inherent contradiction - hence my description of "our German friends" as an example of this.

Just a little example of my own sharp wit there........or not. :)
Hehe, I think Eddie knows what an oxymoron is. Read his reply again, it was a joke as well.