• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Demolition Man said:
carefull, we might unleash the Tait on you, when he bowls watch out, seriously the ball could go anywhere.
Square leg umpires will be issued with helmets

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Demolition Man said:
carefull, we might unleash the Tait on you, when he bowls watch out, seriously the ball could go anywhere.
When you have bowlers of the quailty of Jon Lewis why would England be worried about Tait

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
This is just highlighting how good England were with their restriction on extras. Although they did not seem to get the hint of movement that McGrath and Gillespie are getting. Worth the sacrifice though.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
God, I was just thinking as I saw no slip there - "What about all those times Gillespie has gotten Trescothick in the slips..."

Unlucky captaincy. Lets call it that, eh Scally?

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Apart from all the extras, McGrath isn't bowling too badly. Australia really need an early wicket though. Where did the slip fielder disappear to?

Michael DiVenuto just scored a century against newly-crowned world champions, Scotland. A call-up awaits for the next ODI no doubt.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
vic_orthdox said:
God, I was just thinking as I saw no slip there - "What about all those times Gillespie has gotten Trescothick in the slips..."

Unlucky captaincy. There's diplomacy for you...
Poor captaincy is what it is - it's the sixth over and you need wickets.

Why - just why?

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
yeah, why you wouldn't have any slips in the first 10 overs, especially with gillespie bowling, is completely beyond me.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Neil Pickup said:

Why - just why?
The "diplomacy" was not calling it bad captaincy - because it clearly was. Especially when the ball is swinging - Gillespie's gonna slide one across him for the edge eventually, you've gotta have someone there to take the catch.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
andyc said:
yeah, why you wouldn't have any slips in the first 10 overs, especially with gillespie bowling, is completely bowling.
I agree there should've been slips in, but what's completely bowling about it? :p

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
That's vintage McGrath, near-perfect yorker to a left-hander. Will give Australia a great deal of confidence, but still a lot more to be done, starting with not bowling extras...

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Darn good delivery there. Not much Marcus could do about that. Loved the completely necessary camera view close-up of the stumps being hit, provided a wonderful insight into our game. 8-)

Barney Rubble

International Coach
McGrath gets Tresco, bringing Vaughan to the crease - let's see if his love of all things Australian bowling can continue.....

Slow Love™

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:

Why - just why?
Advanced hair - here I come. I've been pulling it out in clumps asking myself the same question (in a variety of contexts) over the last week. I've always defended Ponting's fields (not in this instance), but his handling of his bowlers has always been very lacking, particularly this tour. He's looking terribly exposed.

In his defence though, this is a spectacular loss of form by the team in general - I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. It's completely bizarre.

And McGrath goes right through Trescothick - he may have to do this all by himself if we're to win.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Think he might just make a bowler this McGrath lad!

Too good for Tres, full & a bit of late movement into the left-hander.