• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:
So if Australia didn't bowl that poorly, they must be in trouble, since England cruised to a 9 wicket win.
And to think you once mentioned how modest English supporters are on this forum.

You've clearly sharpened your knives

howardj

International Coach
Hoggy31 said:
My Australian Line-Up for next game:

+A Gilchrist
M Hayden
*R Ponting
A Symonds
M Clarke
M Hussey
B Hogg
B Lee
J Gillespie
M Kasprowicz
G McGrath

Super Sub: D Martyn

And if Australia bowl first, bowl out McGrath or Kasprowicz before 40 overs then once one of them has completed their ten sub Martyn on
Can't have Haydos ahead of Martyn. Hayden's form is non-existant. He's simply unable to build an innings.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Yeah.. but Martyn's the Super Sub and if you have Hayden as the super sub and are put in to bat first you leave yourself 1 opener short

howardj

International Coach
Hoggy31 said:
Yeah.. but Martyn's the Super Sub and if you have Hayden as the super sub and are put in to bat first you leave yourself 1 opener short
Marto could open - has scored a ton in that position before. Clarke's had some success there also. Clarke's form has been a little patchy though, especially against England. If I was to relegate any of these three to 'super-sub' though, it would be Hayden.

King_Ponting

International Regular
howardj said:
Marto could open - has scored a ton in that position before. Clarke's had some success there also. Clarke's form has been a little patchy though, especially against England. If I was to relegate any of these three to 'super-sub' though, it would be Hayden.
Hussey could also open

howardj

International Coach
King_Ponting said:
Any predictions for the top scorer for this match. Im tipping ponting with an 80+ score
When Ponting does come out of his mini-slump, look out!! He'll have a bumper Test Series, I reckon. As for tonight, I reckon Gilly will go nuts and jag a quick-fire 80.

howardj

International Coach
I just want England to bat first. Have hardly seen them bat against Australia, as they have batted second in I think all the games between the two teams.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
howardj said:
That bloke is gun-barrel straight - does nuthin' with the ball.
Its interesting. I think all these fast bowling techniques they use these days, while they help injury prevention they also mean that everyone is so streamlined. If you look at Damien Fleming, with that round circular action - you don't see those sort of actions in these people who have had it refined and that, and they often end up bowling with very little movement. Look at Brad Williams, he's much the same.

King_Ponting

International Regular
Yeh actually brad williams and Watson are both pretty much the same. Both lack penetration and both show potential but are sh*t

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
zinzan12 said:
And to think you once mentioned how modest English supporters are on this forum.
I'm only pointing out that if Australia apparently didn't play poorly and got a thrashing, then something must be bad, since the same poster says England played badly.