• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
There will need to be a sub.

My guess is the same as the final, but with Solanki as the sub. For Australia, I'd guess the same as the final with Watson as the sub, although really Kasprowicz should come in for Hussey, and Hussey should be the sub.

Steulen

International Regular
The gamble is that you use a lower order batsman as a sub and hope you don't need him if batting first. If you do, you're then a bowler light, much like on Saturday.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Gloucefan said:
Could this be the end of Geraint Jones for ODI's? Bring in a better gloveman and sub him for an all rounder.
u mean after his effort at the final? Would be the worst drop ever, IMO.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
No one answered this on the substitution thread. Perhaps this thread would be more appropriate. How good a fielder is Prior?

Gloucefan

U19 Vice-Captain
honestbharani said:
u mean after his effort at the final? Would be the worst drop ever, IMO.
I haven't forgotten his performance the other day, I do like him but he isn't the best gloveman around eligable for England. He plays because he is a good batsman also.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not sure how *good* he is - he's certainly none-too-shabby, that's for sure, but not in the Collingwood/Solanki class. Around the same level as KP, I'd guess.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Neil Pickup said:
Not sure how *good* he is - he's certainly none-too-shabby, that's for sure, but not in the Collingwood/Solanki class. Around the same level as KP, I'd guess.
Are you talking about Jones' batting or Prior's fielding? The latter I hope...

Gloucefan

U19 Vice-Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Well as he is a wicketkeeper I wouldn't compare prior to Collingwood or Solanki, I'm told even at 23 he's a better gloveman than Jones.

greg

International Debutant
You do know that he's a keeper? Bit dodgy I think but i guess you learn fast standing up to Mushtaq

King_Ponting

International Regular
vic_orthdox said:
This post was also seen in the book "The Dummies Guide to the "Shift" Key"
Actually its in the "accidently left the caps lock key on and couldnt be f*cked changing it". Try it and see for yourself

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
King_Ponting said:
Actually its in the "accidently left the caps lock key on and couldnt be f*cked changing it". Try it and see for yourself
But everything other than the first letter of every word was in lower-case, meaning that you would've had to hold down the Shift key... surely it would've been easier to turn Caps Lock off?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
King_Ponting said:
You mean you got pwn3d by the CricketWeb filter?

How quaint.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Adamc said:
But everything other than the first letter of every word was in lower-case, meaning that you would've had to hold down the Shift key... surely it would've been easier to turn Caps Lock off?
Nah, the CW filter (known to us as "little Hinton") sorted him, Making His Sentence Look Even Dafter In The Process.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
Ali sent back where he belongs.

Won't see him playing for England for a while I expect.
Someones just bitter Worcs did the double over Warks in Twenty20! Both by a run too...gutting :p