• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
aussie said:
the one he bowled to Papps in NZ was equal to that.
I didn't see that :)

As a side note, Gilchrist has done very well to stop that skidding to the fine leg fence for four.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Trademark Tresco getting out third man steer shot. Did it over and over again against Bangladesh in the Tests and always looked like getting out off it.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Is it just me, or could everyone just see that Strauss dismissal the previous ball? Lee pitches it right up, swings on to the pad, flicked away for two. Next ball, about 6 inches further to the off and another 6 inches shorter, and he's clean bowled.

One of the most obvious technical flaws I've seen exposed in a long time. Strauss has to deal with that fast.

Neil Pickup

He's just gone and played down off stump to a ball that wasn't there... well and truly done through the gate.

Now let's see what KP is up to against the new ball, plus we need a captain's innings from Vaughany. Hold the wickets together!

Neil Pickup

FaaipDeOiad said:
Is it just me, or could everyone just see that Strauss dismissal the previous ball? Lee pitches it right up, swings on to the pad, flicked away for two. Next ball, about 6 inches further to the off and another 6 inches shorter, and he's clean bowled.

One of the most obvious technical flaws I've seen exposed in a long time. Strauss has to deal with that fast.
Agree 100%... but how come SA didn't find it?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
this game reminds me of the Videocon cup final last year when Australia defended 192 agiants Pakistan in similar conditions.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
And there it is! Poor shot, ball wasn't there to pull, and now it's the big two in for England. If this partnership lasts England can get right on top, but the pressure will be on them now.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
Pathetic dismissal number 3.
Is there any dimissal you don't think is "pathetic"? Lee absolutely worked out Strauss and exploited his flaw perfectly, and McGrath got on to hit the seam and leave Trescothick. It's not like we're talking about a rank long-hop being hit down the throat of deep midwicket.