• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Pratyush said:
words of wisdom from Hussain

"As a captain you have to create a situation, not react to it."

Golden
True words indeed. Although creating situations is incredibly difficult to do - even with only 6 games' captaincy experience I have been through that plenty of times!

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
Good for him - saw him bat very well on Saturday - another positive from this tour.
Yes Shahriar Nafees is a very positive development. And found him a stylish batsman too.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Aussies are looking at a run a ball from here on in. Shouldn't be too testing, but if they lose a couple of wickets or the Tigers bowl a couple of very tight overs there could be a twist in the tale yet.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Australia should cruise it from here, with 33 off 36 after that no ball. Michael Clarke easy motm for doing a Bevan if he doesn't get out. :)

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Pratyush said:
ooh just a bit of angle and could have gone to the fielder. 6
Well, that's helped a lot. Still looking Australia's game - wickets needed very soon. Either way, Bangladesh have once again put up a fantastic fight against an Australian team in far better shape than it was a while ago.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Pratyush said:
*switches to the demon Sharapova vs Williams match with frequent refreshes of this thread*
That's what I'm doing, terrific start to the match. Both had break points and couldn't capitalise.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
The rain made such a huge difference to this wicket. I think it's a bit unfair on the Australians (excluding Hayden perhaps) to criticise their batting much.
Oh come on.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
Oh come on.
You don't agree the pitch was doing a hell of a lot more in the first 10-15 overs of Australia's innings than it was before?

Under the circumstances, I think all the Australian's aside from Hayden batted quite well. Obviously you could also include Martyn since he didn't make many runs. Ponting looked uncomfortable but managed to survive the tough period, and Gilchrist, Clarke and Symonds all played very well indeed.