• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

Barney Rubble

International Coach
FaaipDeOiad said:
The problem comes when Aftab finishes after his next over I think. Rafique can bowl 6 of the last 18, Ahmed 1 and Mortaza 4, but that leaves 7 more from the other two bowlers who I think Ponting and Clarke might plunder a bit. Bangladesh can get right into the game with a wicket soon though, given that the RRR is already about 6.
To my mind, Bangladesh can't afford to bowl Tapash and Mahmud at the same time - they can't be relied upon to not let Aussies get away from them. If one of them is going to bowl, Mortaza or Rafique has to be at the other end. A couple of 10-15 run overs and this game could be almost over, which is why Bashar needs to think carefully.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
As predicted, Australia will bat a bit more agressively now to negate a possible loss of a few wickets on DL and because they are comfortable on wickets front compared to overs as seen by that 4.

Not too agressively like a total slog still but just a few boundaries here and there.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
I think the last 15 overs have to go like this:

Mahmud
Rafique
Mahmud
Baisya
Mortaza
Baisya
Mortaza
Baisya
Rafique
Mahmud
Rafique
Mahmud
Mortaza
Rafique
Mortaza

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Bangladesh will probably be ahead on D/L after that wicket. Bit of a test for Clarke and co. now.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Barney Rubble said:
And it's Ponting, too! Mortaza, what a legend. Game on.
With 6 wickets still in hand, Australia is still comfortable. The thing is what if the rain comes!

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Clarke is still looking really good. If he bats through Australia are sure to win. Really, Bangladesh still need more wickets, or for the weather to settle in which looks less likely now.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It feels so great to discuss once again what is needed for Bangladesh to WIN! Not just stay in the game, but to win. Great for cricket.

Anyway Australia still pretty comfortable at the moment. Another one would really make it interesting though.