• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Vaughan walks out.....and walks back in again. They're back off. :@

Can the target be reduced further? That's on the off-chance it does stop raining.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Bah. Looks like the rain's settling in again. Might be it this time I fear.

Looked like the ball that dismissed Strauss sat in the wicket a bit. I had it down as a slower ball, but the speed gun showed it at 82.3mph. Strauss was through with his shot very early.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And that's more rain. We need 14 more overs for a game, so we'll have to resume before 2145/2150 BST (ie 50-55 minutes)

At a minimum, it'll be 133 to win from 20 - or 96 from 14 @ 6.86

Legglancer

State Regular
Neil Pickup said:
And that's more rain. We need 14 more overs for a game, so we'll have to resume before 2145/2150 BST (ie 50-55 minutes)

At a minimum, it'll be 133 to win from 20 - or 96 from 14 @ 6.86
Smarty pants ! 8-)

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Right, resuming at 2120 barring any more rain.

We reckon that'll be 27 overs a side, meaning the target will be revised to 172.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have to agree with Aggers saying how pointless day/night games are in this country, the games start at 2:30pm when people are still at work, so what's the point?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
I have to agree with Aggers saying how pointless day/night games are in this country, the games start at 2:30pm when people are still at work, so what's the point?
People go after work? With day games they wouldn't get to go at all, and in fact the after-work crowd is one of the main advantages for day-night games in terms of ticket receipts.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Scaly piscine said:
TV companies will get bigger audiences during the night portion of the game. Which means more money for them and more money for the ECB.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
SpaceMonkey said:
TV companies will get bigger audiences during the night portion of the game. Which means more money for them and more money for the ECB.
That'd be the night portion of the game which is usually when the batting team is crumbling with the usually much more favourable bowling conditions. So then the game is over quickly anyway