• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
40 over game : 229 to win
35 over game : 209 to win
30 over game : 187 to win
25 over game : 162 to win
20 over game : 134 to win
The shorter the game, the better England's chances, in my opinion. A 30-over game would produce a very interesting contest. It's not short enough to be a slog, but not long enough to build an innings, really. England would need around six an over for anything less than 40 overs, but if it went down to 25 or even 20, then the players England have with the ability to hit a big shot (Trescothick, Flintoff, Pietersen, plus Collingwood and *winces* Jones to a certain extent) will come into play, and seven an over for 20 overs to make 134 is very gettable. It's well below the average Twenty20 RR.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
33-over innings, restarting at 8.40 - YAY!!

England need about 190 more off 30 more overs - an interesting contest indeed people, let's get going and pray there's no more rain. :D

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Great news. The delay advantages England I think, but not that much. 33 over match... that means 7 overs for 3 bowlers and 6 for 2 others I assume? That means only 6 overs from Symonds, which can't be too bad for Australia.

Interesting to see what the pitch does after being under covers for a bit.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
If that's true, the target is 200

ie 192 off 30 @ 6.40
It's true - they just talked to Shep on TMS, he told them what the game was going to be but had no idea what the target would be! :D

See - even they don't understand it Neil, maybe you should apply for a job at the ICC.... :p

6.40 for 30 overs is tough, but with all ten wickets left, England can be confident of giving it a good go. If they can get to the 20-over mark (overall, so in the next 17 overs) with about 110-120 on the board with less than 4 down they're favourites.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
Billy Bowden says 134. Muppet. Sky confirming I'm right.
Am I the only one slightly confused and mildly worried that not even the umpires know what's going on? Surely if anyone's going to know, they should be the first - not Neil! :D

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Strauss cuts the second ball away for 4 - good start. Sounds like the crowd have spent the rain break drinking, too - good on them.

Edit: And the third ball goes through midwicket for 4, too....

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Barney Rubble said:
Am I the only one slightly confused and mildly worried that not even the umpires know what's going on? Surely if anyone's going to know, they should be the first - not Neil! :D
It is a little disturbing, but it does feel pretty damn good to know this before anyone else on earth. CricketWeb - best for Duckworth/Lewis

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
It is a little disturbing, but it does feel pretty damn good to know this before anyone else on earth. CricketWeb - best for Duckworth/Lewis
Haha - maybe the umpires should have a live CricketWeb feed in their dressing room during the breaks.

Strauss hits McGrath for 4 boundaries in one over! Great stuff.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Barney Rubble said:
Strauss cuts the second ball away for 4 - good start. Sounds like the crowd have spent the rain break drinking, too - good on them.

Edit: And the third ball goes through midwicket for 4, too....
And the fourth and fifth go through the covers too.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
BoyBrumby said:
Oooh. Lucky man Tres. Chinese-cuts a decent Lee yorker for two.
That's a legitimate shot don't you know.

Strauss really getting after them here, he slashes another one away, stopped just inside the boundary.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
that was strange because the fielder pushed the boundary rope out and the ball probably would have hit the rope if he'd not moved it

Barney Rubble

International Coach
SpaceMonkey said:
Is it me or do the crowd seem the loudest ive probably ever heard for a cricket game in England...great stuff :)
They've all been getting hammered during the rain break. Wish I was there! :)