• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Australia would have eye'd 300 for a big part of this match, good job by England to get them down from that (although it was Englands shocking bowling who got them in the mire in the first place).

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Pratyush said:
We have got McGrath now. All we need is a 6 for the 260.
Hopefully we'll see a six from McGrath. Another four from Lee there, so McGrath's got the strike... :D

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Australia just cant get away from England geeeeeeez :dry:, they keep fighting back, this is definately a new English team.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Pratyush said:
Two words why you wont win :

Geraint Jones :D
When I bought him I thought when a player catches with his chest instead of the gloves he gets double points ;)

Its not like Gilly is doing anything special atm ;)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
SpaceMonkey said:
Australia would have eye'd 300 for a big part of this match, good job by England to get them down from that (although it was Englands shocking bowling who got them in the mire in the first place).
England with Jones early one specially and Flintoff and Giles later bowled quite well to be honest. Only Gough was the one really poor early on.

Australia did quite well to dig themselves out really and you cant complain either way I think.

If either team asks 'who's winning', it will be a difficult question to answer at the moment.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Although Australia have lost their way somewhat, i think i'll wait until the first few overs of England's innings before i decide whether the total is any good

Slow Love™

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Lee's not even getting close to Harmison bowling back-of-a-length here. Great stuff!
Well, he got very intimate with one of them - even Harmison winced.

Christ, I thought we were sailing towards a near-300 total about half an hour ago. This one's likely to get very hairy, particularly if rain is likely.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
260 should be quite good for Australia to defend and Hogg should be useful later on on the wicket. Hogg has read the under rated player on him on cw and is really inspired :sleep:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
well this game is quite similar to the ICCCT sem-final clash, but the only difference is that today's pitch isn't has good has the one in september.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What do your millions a year on school fees pay for then, if you can't understand Jack and Tony's masterpiece!

Par scores at 20 overs:
69-0, 78-1, 89-2, 103-3, 121-4

Par scores at 30 overs:
119-0, 123-1, 129-2, 137-3, 147-4

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
262 to win, exactly what England won with in the ICC Trophy match.

Utterly absorbing innings, very entertaining throughout. Can't really pick favourites at the moment, will depend a lot on England's start. Would stay up if i didn't have to be up early tomorrow morning, will have to watch the replay I suppose (though I guess I can't complain, seeing as it isn't being shown on free-to-air in England!). Great innings from Symonds once again, Hussey very impressive as well. Harmison and Flintoff both bowled really well, as did Jones in his first spell.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Neil Pickup said:
What do your millions a year on school fees pay for then, if you can't understand Jack and Tony's masterpiece!

Par scores at 20 overs:
69-0, 78-1, 89-2, 103-3, 121-4

Par scores at 30 overs:
119-0, 123-1, 129-2, 137-3, 147-4
I can see one ginger in Exeter gettign all excited. I can assure you no one else wants rain in this match :p :D

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
I hope that's not directed at me, I don't pay anything for my school fees mate - I'm working-class, honest I am. :D