• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

Barney Rubble

International Coach
wpdavid said:
Short of giving us some karaoke, it isn't very likely, is it.
By fun, I just meant the usual tail-enders' lark of acting like proper batsmen - the TMS guys have just been describing Harmo's shadow-shots at the non-striker's end, and Goughie is always a laugh when he's batting. I wasn't actually expecting any runs! :D

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Barney Rubble said:
By fun, I just meant the usual tail-enders' lark of acting like proper batsmen - the TMS guys have just been describing Harmo's shadow-shots at the non-striker's end, and Goughie is always a laugh when he's batting. I wasn't actually expecting any runs! :D
Now I understand. Sorry, this level of thrashing always reduces me to humourless old git mode.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
wpdavid said:
Now I understand. Sorry, this level of thrashing always reduces me to humourless old git mode.
Can't blame you. Although after my not expecting any runs, Goughie's now 28*....... :D

Edit: Make that 32*, four over the top from McGrath....

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
aussie said:
Jesus wont someone just get out :dry:
Cricinfo are banging on about how England need a few more runs to earn an extra point. Like it really matters in this particular tourny?

Barney Rubble

International Coach
It's over, good effort from the tail, Gough 46* off 47 (PB), 50* for the last wicket - can't hide a poor performance from England though. Night guys.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
Completely and utterly useless batting performance by England against Australia for the second game running, even Pietersen couldn't save this one. The two openers were especially pathetic considering that was the best time to bat - don't give a stuff how well McGrath and Lee bowled, for Strauss and Trescothick to reduce England to 6-2 in the 6th over is just not good enough.
For such a strong England fan, you seem to turn on your players pretty fast. Lee and McGrath were unplayable in the first half a dozen overs, and nobody would have scored against them. Trescothick got a lovely ball, and Strauss was worked out in a brilliant over. It's not like they played stupid shots, so why blame them?

England batted fine I think... Flintoff and Solanki consolidated nicely and turned things back to equality, but both got undone by some pretty good bowling. Flintoff played a silly shot, but he did so because he got tied down and the RRR was over 7. After that the game was gone.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Thats right Faaip the english batsmen were out to some good bowling by Australia & they fought all the way to the end. This is definately a new english team in the past they would collapse miserably

Gloucefan

U19 Vice-Captain
FaaipDeOiad said:
For such a strong England fan, you seem to turn on your players pretty fast. Lee and McGrath were unplayable in the first half a dozen overs, and nobody would have scored against them. Trescothick got a lovely ball, and Strauss was worked out in a brilliant over. It's not like they played stupid shots, so why blame them?

England batted fine I think... Flintoff and Solanki consolidated nicely and turned things back to equality, but both got undone by some pretty good bowling. Flintoff played a silly shot, but he did so because he got tied down and the RRR was over 7. After that the game was gone.
Well said, unfortunately this attitude is characteristically English.

Anyway, it's not like we lost to Bangladesh or anything :p

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
andyc said:
giles? his 3 overs have gone for 8 runs!
As always, he's just got lucky and not had the batsmen attempt to collar him.

Apparantly that's the only reason he (and also Vettori) has such a reasonable E/R in ODIs.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Neil Pickup said:
I think we're looking around 255 as a score which would set the run chase as evenly-poised - fingers crossed Giles can get through 10 for 35 and maybe a couple of scalps to boot to strangle the accumulation and prevent too much of a slog-out at the end.
But everyone knows wickets don't slow the run rate down at all.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Barney Rubble said:
Symonds hits Giles for six, Blowers calls him Gilchrist by accident - what fun.
In the same over we had Gilchrist, Ponting, Martyn and Symonds all scoring runs.

Later on in the same ball we had Martyn, Gilchrist and Symonds all hitting it.

And to top it off we had Brad Hogg and Brett Lee bowling the same ball!