• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Another gone, Giles I think it was. Tremlett now out to bat for the first time - he can give it a whack when he wants to.

I would hope so at least, given that he's about thirteen feet tall.

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tremlett not getting close to Lee... commentators now questioning Trescothick's call at the toss once again.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
Tremlett not getting close to Lee... commentators now questioning Trescothick's call at the toss once again.
I'm not surprised - I thought it was a dodgy call the moment I heard he'd put them in. Batting second under lights - I thought it was the one thing any captain in this country never chose to do, especially not against Australia.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
Completely and utterly useless batting performance by England against Australia for the second game running, even Pietersen couldn't save this one. The two openers were especially pathetic considering that was the best time to bat - don't give a stuff how well McGrath and Lee bowled, for Strauss and Trescothick to reduce England to 6-2 in the 6th over is just not good enough.
Yup. Back to reality, AFAICS. Our bowling is respectable but Aus are good enough to see them off more often than not. Meanwhile Tresco is as good as ever against McGrath, Strauss is struggling to do much against a stronger attack, & Fred has twice holed out to no great effect, bless him.

Incidentally, how often has Strauss played on this year? It seems to be a regular occurence, unless my memory's playing tricks on me.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Watson on, i thought bringing back Pigeon would be wiser, maybe Ponting is trying to get Watson some wickets....

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
aussie said:
Watson on, i thought bringing back Pigeon would be wiser, maybe Ponting is trying to get Watson some wickets....
And succeeding. Wonder if Harmo or Goughie can smear a six or two?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Barney Rubble said:
I'm not surprised - I thought it was a dodgy call the moment I heard he'd put them in. Batting second under lights - I thought it was the one thing any captain in this country never chose to do, especially not against Australia.
I'm sure you're right, but Tresco has never been the brainiest skipper, has he. Not that it's affected the result, I think, but I bet our bowlers are really chuffed about facing Lee in the gloom.

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
wpdavid said:
I'm sure you're right, but Tresco has never been the brainiest skipper, has he. Not that it's affected the result, I think, but I bet our bowlers are really chuffed about facing Lee in the gloom.
im sure the decision to bowl was not just his alone.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Tremlett caught off what by all accounts was a great shot out to deep point. Shame. Well, let's hope Harmo and Goughie can provide some fun.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Barney Rubble said:
Tremlett caught off what by all accounts was a great shot out to deep point. Shame. Well, let's hope Harmo and Goughie can provide some fun.
Short of giving us some karaoke, it isn't very likely, is it.