• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
12 dot balls and a wide from Lee so far. Nice to see his little layoff hasn't hurt him and he's bowling like he was in the Australian summer.

One of them nearly got Strauss out, too.

PY

International Coach
Solid start but if we aren't at 40 by 10 overs I'll be quite worried but if these two keep it up then I might well be quite worried.

Great start from Lee.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Strauss done all ends up by Lee - well and truly out-thought and a completely deserved wicket.

That sort of shot's becoming a big worry for the summer.

PY

International Coach
Hmm, need to rotate the strike a little in some way if they can manage it. At very worst, just don't lose any wickets to these two in their first spells and then bash the change bowlers.

PY's School Of Cricket. :D

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
Strauss done all ends up by Lee - well and truly out-thought and a completely deserved wicket.

Indeed. Seems to have a real weakness when the ball is coming back into him.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
pretty good figures for lee- 15 balls, one run, one wicket. and that one run wasn't off the bat, either

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:

yeah thats right, at last i found a weakness in Strauss's game

PY

International Coach
FaaipDeOiad said:
Indeed. Seems to have a real weakness when the ball is coming back into him.
Wonder why Shaun Pollock didn't pick up on that weakness in the recent series?

I'd have thought he was one of the best in-swingers to left-handers in the world. Something to do with pace I reckon which would be good because he can sort that out but technique might be something to be worried about. Form?