• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

chipmonk

U19 Debutant
luckyeddie said:
It's not slagging off - consider it a compliment that you've stuck your head up above the parapet enough to get noticed by LE.

Mind you, it's not difficult to miss, flapping up and down like that.

/wonder how long I can keep this cliche going - as long as the Norwegian fish, Australian raw prawn and New Zealand sheep?

//longer

Im not worthy///
I noticed 10000+ posts for LE as compared to mine .....
I have a few cliche's that come to mind too, but think I'll hold off due to the "Respect" ! :D

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
andyc said:
i think quite a bit hinges on how mcgrath and lee start, australia really need a good start
Agreed. McGrath and Lee's start, and then the two big players for England. Personally, I think if Flintoff and Pietersen fail, Australia will win. If one of them has a big game, England will cruise home in style.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh well, decent total I suppose, but not necessarily a confidence-boosting one. I think the bowling will be a lot better today, hopefully with far fewer extras. Most of the English batsmen in excellent form though: Trescothick, Strauss, Collingwood, and Pietersen in particular; Flintoff always a danger as well. Four bowlers + Watson and Symonds, so they won't have to turn to Hussey today.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
FaaipDeOiad said:
Agreed. McGrath and Lee's start, and then the two big players for England. Personally, I think if Flintoff and Pietersen fail, Australia will win. If one of them has a big game, England will cruise home in style.
Can't argue with that.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
spot on faaip

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Collingwood could fire as well, hes in pretty good touch too

how about Trescothick at cover though, seemed like he fielded every 2nd ball ;)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'd make us slight favourites, pitch looks fairly decent if a little variable on the bounce front. Very ordinary single call that run Symonds out, good bit of work from Tres (& welcome points for my struggling fantasy team! ;) ) but he wasn't even in the frame. If he'd have stayed in I think 285 was a serious posibility. Hussey was a tad disappointing after Sunday's heroics, clearly doesn't look the kinda bloke who can just tee-off from the word go.

What time does the dew come down in Durham at this time of year? Doubt it'll be a factor, but you never know.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
also wanted to say that Jones is the worst keeper in international cricket. absolutley shocking glovework today...

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
King_Ponting said:
yeh i agree shocking work by jones today.
Ah, but you have to look at the whole picture with Jones. What about his batting? Who could forget his superb 2 not out v Bangladesh? A srike rate of 200 too! :D

King_Ponting

International Regular
BoyBrumby said:
Ah, but you have to look at the whole picture with Jones. What about his batting? Who could forget his superb 2 not out v Bangladesh? A srike rate of 200 too! :D
yeh or his one day average of 26!!!!!

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
BoyBrumby said:
bloody hell, wish our keeper was as good as that

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Chris Read dropped two and missed a stumping last night apparantly, and made nought.

Very even contest I make it here, slow pitch, a few keeping low. Anybody's game.

Go-go KPP!