• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** NatWest Series/Challenge

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Neil Pickup said:
I'd love to see Martyn dropped, he plays such a crucial role in this sort of situation - I think it's the base mindset of seeing Hayden-Ponting-Gilchrist scoring SR 90 from ball one and 'fans' without an understanding of the game expecting everyone to do that.
Seeing as I have been criticising Martyn's approach, I guess I am part of the " 'fans' without an understanding of the game". As I said, Martyn played excellently in the middle overs when Australia needed someone to hang around and keep the score ticking over at a reasonable rate. The match situation doesn't remain constant, however, and Martyn didn't adjust early enough to the need to hit out, for my liking. There is no point in remaining relatively circumspect with plenty of wickets in hand. His innings will still remain an excellent one, but he could have done better towards the end.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
just came home from lessons, i just saw the scorecard and Clarke isn't playing was he dropped or is he injured.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Barney Rubble said:
I'll rephrase - 18 needed to make it an even game. Any less and England are favourites.

How's that?
It's an even chase whatever from here I think. I certainly wouldn't advise putting any money on either side!

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FaaipDeOiad said:
Err, the pitch isn't that much of a road. It's quite slow and a few have kept low. You haven't noticed Martyn and Symonds mistiming them a lot?

I think England are perfectly capable of getting 270 or so on this pitch of course, but it's still a good score that can definately be defended with decent bowling. It's looking out of Australia's reach now with that wicket.
That would be Martyn who's scoring 5 an over without raising his bat in anger?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
266. Not bad, kudos to Symonds and Martyn for great knocks. Bit disappointing in the final overs, but Gough and Flintoff were very good indeed. On a slowish wicket and with Gough getting it to reverse a bit, Australia's in with a decent chance. Should be a great match.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
i think quite a bit hinges on how mcgrath and lee start, australia really need a good start