• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match #11 (D/N) - New Zealand vs Bangladesh - October 13th, Chennai

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I would have been against the inclusion of Latham if the WC was in South Africa for example, citing he's a yesterday's man, but I'm fine with his selection in Indian conditions.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Oh yeah I forgot that Philips is a keeper too. They should absolutely bite the bullet and have him keep instead of Latham then. Gives a lot more fire-power at the end with both Philips and Chapman playing and Kane for Latham will be a like for like with both doing a similar role of stabilizing the line-up.
Nope, I think Latham’s particular skillset (ability against spin including a hitting game on slow/low surfaces, plus the fact that he *regularly* keeps) makes him a lock-in.
With all due respect don’t think Phillips or Conway keeping in 50 over cricket will work.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Hard to see anything other than NZ win but the pitch should suit Bangladesh so you never know.

The tournament could do with a belter of a game with the underdogs at least making a good game of it.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Hope Kane’s pitch reading qualities are on point today. Was fully expecting Sodhi to come in for Lockie.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Trying to figure out what Boult will do in his post cricketing life. Don't see him full time in the comms box (maybe as a guest now and again) and he could get into coaching but for some reason I see him doing some kind of fishing show or something

King Kane

International Debutant
Hopefully we go better bowling first than Australia did last night.

No surprise to see that Young is the one dropped for Williamson, looking forward to seeing how the Conway/Ravindra opening combo goes tonight.

Williamson could be a pretty handy inclusion for us too, he looked in good touch in the warm up games and is one of our better players of spin.

loterry1994

International Debutant
Hopefully we go better bowling first than Australia did last night.

No surprise to see that Young is the one dropped for Williamson, looking forward to seeing how the Conway/Ravindra opening combo goes tonight.

Williamson could be a pretty handy inclusion for us too, he looked in good touch in the warm up games and is one of our better players of spin.
I wouldn’t worry about the result here